At Chick-fil-A, leadership is not about being in charge, but taking care of those IN our charge.
All leaders at Chick-fil-A are responsible for embodying the Owner/Operator's vision and core values, creating a fun and focused work environment, leading and coaching others toward success, and ensuring all aspects of shift management result in an outstanding experience for each guest.
Team Leaders are responsible for supervising assigned stations for an entire shift and may be assigned to open or close the restaurant in the absence of a manager; following established opening and closing procedures.
Managers coach and develop Team Leaders toward success, take ownership of higher-level responsibilities in the restaurant such as food safety and operational systems, cash flow, inventory management, scheduling, and more - all of this in addition to leading shifts alongside and in lieu of Team Leaders.
Restaurant Directors work to implement the business mission and strategy alongside the Owner/Operator by developing and coaching restaurant leaders, crafting and implementing strategies for operational execution, and driving the team toward success and business results.
Our Benefits Include:
- Competitive Pay
- Subsidized Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision Plans (Director Level)
- Fun & Positive Work Environment
- Complimentary Meals on Shift (and off Shift for higher leadership)
- Sundays Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation Time (Managers & Above)
- Leadership & Cross-Training Opportunities
- Direct Business Mentorship from Owner/Operator
- Scholarships for Students (Up to $2,500 per year)
- 401k Plan
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Participating operationally in day-to-day activities in high-volume, fast-paced Restaurant
- Assist in training of new hires, set the tone for a shift, and act as a role model for our team
- Open and/or close, lead shifts, key holder
- Ensuring and leading Team Members to follow recipes and read tickets to accurately prepare all orders.
- Ensuring that Team Members are extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
- Motivating and Coaching Team Members to work at a pace to maintain restaurant's established speed of service guidelines.
- Creating and implementing systems to ensure the highest standards of workplace cleanliness at all times.
- Executing proper security and cash handling and control procedures
- Leading Team Members to monitor dining room, restroom, parking lot and overall facility cleanliness.
- Performing any of the tasks above as needed throughout shift.
- Addressing guest issues that may arise; consults with management regarding complex issues.
- Maintaining a positive working relationship and treating all employees with respect, while simultaneously providing them with coaching, direction, and feedback.
- Appropriately documenting employee performance and policy/procedure violations and taking appropriate corrective actions with Team Members.
- Strictly adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent Smile
- Create and Maintain Eye Contact
- Speak Enthusiastically
- Make Emotional Connections with Guests
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong people skills with a desire to serve Team Members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Ability to manage Team Member behavioral and performance issues
- Ability to work in a team environment with shared ownership and responsibility
- Prior experience as shift lead, crew lead, supervisor, team lead, restaurant manager, restaurant assistant manager is not required but is preferred.
Most Chick-fil-A® Restaurants are operated by independent franchised business owners
who make all their own employment decisions and are responsible for their own
content and policies.