IHOP Cooks are responsible for the preparation and cooking of food products accurately and with minimal waste. Duties of this position include learning and applying all IHOP-specialized galley terminology, plating, menu items and procedures according to company standards. IHOP Cooks are expected to set up equipment, verify stock, and maintain a clean and sanitary work area while maintaining company sanitation standards. This position requires you to stand for up to 8 hours during a shift, be able to lift at least and/or move up to 50 pounds, and have full mobility of hands and arms while performing repetitive tasks. IHOP Cooks are also required to perform duties necessary for restaurant operations as assigned by acting supervisor, following governmental and company policies. The above is not an all-inclusive job description.
Cook Job Requirements::
● Must have prior experience as a cook.
● Must be skilled in operating kitchen equipment.
● Must be skilled in various cooking techniques.
● Must know and follow sanitation procedures.
● Must showcase teamwork and communication skills.
● Must showcase great organizational skills.
● Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
● Must carry at least a high school diploma.
Responsibilities of a Cook::
● Maintaining a sanitized and well-organized kitchen.
● Preparing workstations for cooking.
● Preparing and maintaining kitchen equipment.
● Checking the quality of the ingredients.
● Preparing cooking ingredients using various techniques.
● Cooking food using various culinary techniques.
● Arranging food and ensuring appealing presentation.
● Manage food storage, stock, and ingredient orders.
● Competitive Pay
● Flexible Hours
● Extensive Training
● Real Advancement Opportunities