As a Bartender, you’re responsible for preparing and serving outstanding hand-crafted beverages, while accurately accounting for all product in the POS system. You provide the ultimate guest experience by ensuring each and every guest feels welcomed and excited about their visit every time they walk through our doors!
- Greet guests as they approach the bar – be friendly, knowledgeable and energetic.
- Check for proper identification before serving alcoholic beverages.
- Ring up accurate tabs in the POS system and process transactions quickly.
- Maintain expert knowledge of our menu and cocktail recipes.
- Assess and anticipate guests needs, make recommendations accordingly.
- Make drinks quickly and consistently for guests and cocktail servers.
- Encourage and help other team members, assist without having to be asked.
- Complete opening and closing duties – keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including, walking, standing, and/or lifting heavy items for extended periods.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to follow proper cleanliness and hygiene procedures.
- Must work with a sense of urgency while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
WHY Rise Brands?
Rise Brands is full of diverse, cool people! At Rise Brands you have an opportunity to be your true, authentic self with the chance to build and advance exciting new brands for years to come.
As such, Rise Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rise brands provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all parts of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.