The Barkley Pet Hotel is growing our team of passionate pet lovers. We are looking to add a Pet Hotel Receptionist to our team. The ideal candidate demonstrates the highest level of pet care and client service. The Pet Hotel Receptionist champions the sharing of information with clients, staff, and managers. Position responsibilities include welcoming clients (both furry and human), accurate billing, detailed pet profile management, bookings, and client pet care updates. This position will also include tours and promoting service options along with general clerical support such as filing, scanning, and data entry. This position requires some shifts to be evening, weekend, and holiday. If you love pets and people and are looking to work with a company that combines both, this is the right job for you. Advancement opportunities are available.
Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Products
- Email, phone, and text communication
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Passion for pet care and customer service
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates excellent time and task management
- Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with team and clients
- Must be consistently positive, punctual, and professional
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Being able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Understand and respond to team members' and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve
customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.