ROVER OAKS is the premier pet resort for boarding, training, grooming, and dog daycare in Houston and Katy. Rover Oaks Houston is located only a few blocks south of NRG Stadium and is currently seeking applicants for a Dog Bather to join our outstanding team of pet care professionals.
We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail. The Bather will assume complete responsibility for bathing of our individual bath guests, either while staying at our resort or as a walk-in appointment.
* Providing professional-quality dog baths, nail trims and other spa services to client specifications
* Maintaining a clean, sanitary environment for the pets and staff
* Providing assistance to the Professional Groomers as needed
Note: The work schedule for the Dog Bather may include weekends as well as some holidays.
Rover Oaks Pet Resort offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, paid sick time, paid vacation time, and a 401K plan with matching funds.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Exemplify These Qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focus on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog.
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a rewarding position in a state-of-the-art pet care environment.... this is it!
- Ensure each pet guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure that all guests are bathed and that client’s requests are met
- Bath services include: Bathing pet per pet parents request, brush out, drying, Nail trims, and ear cleaning.
- Monitor guest’s health while bathing. Report any unusual concerns to a lead, manager on duty, or General Manager
- Ensure the guest has water and a chance to relieve themselves if he or she is in the bathing area for over 2 hours.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
A Day In The Life:
The role of the bather is a little bit wrangler, a little bit lifeguard and a little bit sloppy kiss getter. You’ll help our canine guests feel their best and go home smelling like a new dog. You help our friends smile when their pet parents come to pick them up because they feel like a million bucks. You’ll get wet. You’ll have some fur on you. You’ll probably be exhausted, but you also enjoy the joy of seeing our furry friends be a whole new dog! And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some more fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!