Our Pet Care Professional position encompasses many roles within our resort, all of which involve the hands-on care of our furry guests.
Our team is empowered! Each of our dedicated team members is unique and brings with them their own life experiences. We share ideas, have team meetings, encourage, recognize, and support each other, and care for each guest as if they were our own. Our team is hard-working AND fun. We’re critical thinkers, proactive problem solvers, creative care-givers, and enthusiastic animal lovers.
If you love animals and have experience in customer service, pet resorts, animal rescue, pet sitting, veterinary care, or have worked in a fast-paced environment before, we welcome you to apply! Due to the nature of our business, weekend and holiday shifts are required.
A Day in the Life
Our guests come to us from loving homes, and from pet parents who trust us to care for their furry family members. We don’t take the responsibility lightly.
Our front of house team has exemplary customer service, just as you would see in a 5-star hotel. You will be greeting pet parents, helping them to and from their cars, checking guests in and out, handling pets to and from their rooms or play areas, taking inventory of belongings, checking vet records, keeping our resort clean and tidy, and communicating with pet parents in person and via email, text, and phone. Our professional customer service team works on their feet and creates a unique and dedicated experience for each of our guests and pet parents, all while having the privilege of interacting with the cutest dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens.
Our back of house team delivers the utmost care and attention for our guests, whether they are with us for a few hours or a few weeks. You may handle everything from walking dogs, feeding and administering medicines, cleaning, laundry, playing with dogs & cats, and loving them as if they were your own. You may be part of our boarding team, making overnight guests feel like this is their home away from home. Perhaps you are part of our daycare team, making sure everyone in group is safe, having fun, and getting along. You might snuggle a shy pup who needs some special attention, give a sudsy bath to a spa guest, play fetch with an extra energetic puppy, or help a new guest feel more comfortable in a new environment.
Wherever you are in our resort, you’ll not only communicate with the pets but may also have a lot of interaction with their mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing for each guest and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parents. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
• Ensure each guest is treated safely and with respect and dignity
• Engage in activities with pets in both group and solo sessions
• Supervise activities of multiple dogs throughout the day. Monitor closely for any potential conflicts, escalations, or health concerns
• Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following our strict standards of cleaning and disinfecting in pet rooms, play areas, and all through our resort.
• Monitor guest’s health by daily charting of eating and elimination habits.
• Monitor guest’s reaction to playtimes and general demeanor by charting playtime interactions
• Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities (Qualifications)
• Must love animals
• Must be passionate about your care of guests and quality of work every day
• Ability to work as a team and assist other departments as needed
• Focus on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, or aggressive handling or vocalizing will not be tolerated.
• Cheerful, friendly, and positive attitude toward yourself, our guests, your teammates, leadership, and pet parents.
• Reliable, punctual, and dependable – your team relies on you, and so do our guests and pet parents!
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
• Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
We offer an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, and paid sick and vacation time.
All of our employees get to interact with the best furry guests in the world! Have a dog or cat of your own? You can take advantage of free and discounted pet services in our resort. Investing in your future? Take advantage of our 401(k) program with matching funds.
Our company also offers employees discounts on certain pet insurance programs and cell phone services. We also have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), scholarship opportunities, and access to mental health services.
We recognize hard work and dedication. There are ample opportunities to advance in our company for those looking to grow or start a career in pet care or veterinary services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.