Main Responsibilities of a Cleaner/Housekeeper
- Keep guest rooms in a clean condition and be able to turnover rooms for occupancy in a timely fashion
- Perform all heavy-duty cleaning
- Perform regular cleaning maintenance activities
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to feel a vital spot in our staff. We are hoping to find a reliable and skilled person who understands the importance that the role housekeeper / cleaner plays in an Hotel.
The person we would like to give this opportunity to should have strong communication skills, be able to prioritize tasks, and poses both a proactive and reactive mindset. We like to keep our environment tidy and very well-organized, we expect from our future Cleaner/Janitor to take complete responsibility for helping us achieve this.
Responsibilities of a Cleaner/Janitor:
- Strip and make beds.
- Clean bathrooms
- Cleaning building floors (vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, sweeping)
- Gathering and emptying indoor trash
- Clean, service and resupply restrooms
- Clean windows, mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Informing managers about required repair and maintenance activities
- Maintaining tools and equipment needed for Cleaner/Janitor duties
- Requiring supplies of the tools and equipment needed for Cleaner/Janitor duties
- Cleaner/Janitor Job Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have proven working experience as housekeeper
- Must know and follow sanitation procedures
- Must be able to respond and act quickly
- Must have strong communication and multitasking skills
- Must have knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and supplies