Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for an energetic, team player, and customer-focused individual to be part of our fast-paced retail department. You will learn something new every day while you support the efforts to continue telling the Oregon Wine Story. This is a regular part-time position working specifically weekends at this time.
The main responsibility of this position is to deliver food to guests in a hospitable, professional, and knowledgeable manner. This position acts as a connection between the Tasting Room daily operations and the Kitchen.
Food Runner Position Offers:
- Opportunities to learn about wine and winemaking
- Competitive pay with a tip pool
- Generous team member discounts on dining, wine and merchandise
- Continuous growth opportunities within a rapidly growing company
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Must be able to work in a kitchen environment being exposed to extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions
- Ability to work well under pressure, be professional, efficient, detail-oriented, and courteous.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work weekends, evenings on-site winery events, and holidays.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Knowledge of all the ingredient details of every dish on the menu.
- Delivering food to guests quickly and efficiently.
- Communicating clearly with the kitchen and front-of-house staff.
- Maintains ultimate cleanliness in the kitchen, dining room and service stations during the entire shift.
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural and “green” environment.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status