Assists general manager and assistant manager to supervise crew member and team leaders to maintain a good level of customer service and ensure orders are taken in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner. Hourly Managers resolve customer complaints as needed. Opens restaurant, sets up cash drawers, initiates computer run and makes final deposit of previous night’s receipts. Turns on fryers, broilers and breakfast grills. Prepares food and waits on customers at counter and drive-thru window. Prepares garnish for lunch sandwiches, cuts lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Receives and stores incoming shipments of food. Rotates stock in freezer/cooler. May do minor repairs. Operates cash register. May close restaurant, cleaning kitchen equipment, and dining room, preparing final deposit and closing paperwork. Hourly Managers help build a positive and motivating environment for all employees that is committed to delivering superior customer service.
This job description is a generic listing of the responsibilities of the Hourly Manager position; some of these responsibilities may not be required at all times.
Equipment, Tools, Materials Utilized: Food and preparation equipment, computer, report paperwork, automobile.
Work Environment: Indoors, heat from cooking equipment. Outdoors occasionally to inspect and maintain the parking lot and exterior of building.
Type / Frequency / Description, Heights and Weight
- Sitting / Occasional / While doing paperwork and at breaks
- Standing / Constant / Surface: Tile
- Reaching / Frequent / Floor to 6-7 feet
- Twisting / Occasional / May twist at waist or turn entire body
- Bending / Occasional / May usually bend or squat to reach floor
- Squatting / Occasional / May usually squat or bend to reach floor
- Climbing / Occasional / Step or fixed ladder, Height: 8-10ft
- Pushing/Pulling / Occasional / Bread racks or equipment on roller
- Driving / Occasional / To make bank deposits or attend meetings
- Lifting / Occasional / Mostly under 5 Lb., occasionally up to 50 Lb. Height: floor to counter
- Carrying / Occasional / Weight: Mostly under 5 Lb., occasionally up to 50 Lb. Distance: Within restaurant
Modifications possible: While responsible for all activity in restaurant, may usually delegate heavy lifting and carrying.
- Flexible work schedule
- Meal Discounts
- Advancement opportunity
- 401(k) with company match after one year of service
- Paid sick leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Early wage access
- Various internal employee incentive programs
- Medical, dental and vision for qualified employees