Interested in building your resume towards business ownership, becoming a Chick-fil-A Owner/Operator, or expanding your overall business experience? Chick-fil-A Brainerd Village is looking for Leadership Development Candidates who are seeking to refine their leadership and business skills through hands-on training, one-on-one teaching, and professional resource exposure. This is a 24-30 month (minimum) commitment to the restaurant where, upon completion, you will be leading for various aspects of the business: Hospitality, Operations, Marketing, HR, and Financial.
Full-time with Open Availability (opening and closing shifts)
$40,000-$45,000 based on a 50-hour work week plus benefits
- Flexible Schedule
- Opportunity for Career Advancement
- Sundays off
- Health Insurance ($445/month)
- Cell phone allowance ($50/month)
- Free meal on every shift
- 401(k) matching after 1 year of service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Open Availability – including Friday and Saturday
- Proven ability to lead in fast-paced environments of a team
- Basic computer competency
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position which includes (but not limited to) standing for 10 hours and lifting 50lbs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through previous work experience, education, and/or personal and professional references.
- Business Major
- Previous experience in Team Based Sports
- 1-year Volunteer experience
- Restaurant or Hospitality experience
- Team Building experience
- Bilingual: Spanish
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a leader in the front and kitchen
- Communicates employee performance and policy/procedure violations to the Leadership Team
- Works with the Leadership Team to ensure appropriate daily restaurant staffing levels
- Must be an excellent coach, communicator, and team builder
- Assist with business goal development and implementation
- Achieve strategic, annual business results through focus and action on tactical monthly and quarterly objectives and tasks
- Maintains a positive working relationship and treats all employees with respect while providing them with direction and feedback
- Responsible for inventory & facilities management
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to grow
- Sense of urgency: ability to work at a quick, yet efficient and thorough pace
- Self-leader committed to personal growth
- Ability to multitask
- Team-oriented, adaptable, and dependable
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to step outside of job role to assist in other roles
- Effective communicator
- Customer service-oriented
- Honors and encourages others to follow the visions and values of the restaurant
Written in terms of timeline, but each promotion is performance based
- 0-6 months: you will be a team member getting to know the restaurant and the other team members.
- 6-18 months: you will be expected to run a shift for the restaurant every day and will be leading, teaching, and coaching your team to serve guests and meet goals.
- 18-30 months: rotations where you are responsible for learning, completing all necessary tasks for some or all of the following positions: financial, marketing, HR, operations, and hospitality.
Opportunities After Commitment:
- Apply with Chick-fil-A Corporate to be a traveling trainer at new Chick-fil-A’s around the country.
- Apply with Chick-fil-A Corporate to join their Leadership Development Program where candidates are taught how open Chick-fil-A’s and lead teams around the country. The goal of this program, for eligible candidates, is to own and operate their own Chick-fil-A.
- Continue leading the team at Chick-fil-A Brainerd.
- We will provide any recommendations or references for other, non-Chick-fil-A positions that you wish to pursue.
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person