Paid Time Off
Free and discounted services for your personal pets
401K with Company Contribution
We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail. This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. As a Pet Host, you are the first impression for our site.
A Day In The Life:
You come to work daily with a smile on your face and excited to help serve our pet parents and their furry friends. You’ll be in our branded gear and help run our front desk by greeting everyone as they come in and solving whatever their need is -- check in, check out, answering questions, booking reservations and tailoring our service offerings to their needs. Your ultimate goal is to find out how we can best serve the pet parent and provide them solutions. You’ll use one of your 15 hands to answer phones, take a pet to their destination for the day, hand out some treats or run some credit cards. You’ll not only communicate with the animal(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care. Willingness to learn animal behavior to ensure safety.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems, and multitask.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends. Must be reliable, punctual, and dependable.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Professional pet care and/or veterinarian reception experience preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide impeccable customer service. Ensure that each customer is treated with respect and dignity in order to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Answer all incoming calls, respond to voicemails, emails and text messages.
- Manage cash, check, and credit card transactions and reporting/reconciling
- Obtain all information related to a pet’s visit; ensure accuracy of all information. This includes client information as well as pet information. Input all information into resort computer systems.
- Interact and communicate closely with other staff to ensure client and pet needs and concerns are understood and addressed.
- Obtain vaccination records from veterinary offices and input into the Gingr computer system.
- Respond promptly and troubleshoot any customer relations issues.
- Ensure all common areas (lobby, retail and employee spaces) are well maintained and stocked
Must be at least 18 years of age
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.