The Deli Associate is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective safe and courteous quality food service to the guest. These objectives are obtained through quality of guests, merchandising handling, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security, and other general duties as assigned. Provides prompt, courteous service by greeting and assisting guests.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Performs duties necessary to maintain stores cleanliness, and basic upkeep (food preparation areas, shelves, counter space, etc.), ensuring that areas are sanitary and presentable at all times.
• Complies with all food safety behaviors including but not limited to proper food handling procedures, temperature requirements, and bad merchandise record.
• Maintains knowledge of all products offerings and promotions. Supports advertising campaigns, sales promotions, and properly displays food.
• Receives product from vendor and follows correct procedures. Assists Deli or General Manager with ordering and vendor check-in.
• Monitors food activities to ensure that guests receive exceptional service. Examine food products to ensure that it is correctly priced. (Inventory levels, pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise.)
• Keeps food service display fully stocked, ensuring merchandise faces front at all times.
• Prepares food items per required menu and recipe
• Follows all credit card, money order, and check cashing policies.
• Regularly looks for, and eliminates safety hazards. Reports unsafe acts or conditions to management.
• Prepares required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activity to management.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques, when operating the cash register, and all point-of-sales equipment.
• Follows Company policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors, and guests.
• Reacts to and reports customer complaints tactfully and promptly.
• Maintains a professional personal appearance in accordance with Company Uniform and Personal Appearance Policy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 16 years or older to apply.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Previous food service experience preferred.
• Maintain current food handlers or food safety certification
• Ability to perform essential duties.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrates knowledge in sales, and provides exceptional customer service.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers on a daily basis
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to perform the four basic math functions. (Add, subtract, multiply and divide)
• Ability to work with all levels of management with minimum supervision.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment when receiving assignment, due dates, and general procedures.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift, in addition to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground, to overhead and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level (assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels.)
• Ability to push, and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
• Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour of the workday.
• May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch to retrieve materials.
• Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands.
• Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors. Outside work will be required.
• Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in the walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
• Reasonable workplace accommodations will be made for people with a disability.
• Committed to work assigned hours.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends, and holidays.)
• Stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.