Job Title: Host/Hostess
Reports to: Front of House Managers, Assistant General Manager, General Manager, and Corporate Office
Parlour Pizza + Pints is seeking a host/hostess for our restaurant in Jtown. The primary role of the host/hostess is to ensure each guest has a memorable experience within our establishment from the moment they arrive until their departure. The host/hostess must be attentive to the needs of our guests while making them feel welcome, comfortable, important, and relaxed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate genuine hospitality during every interaction whether over the phone or in person; including welcoming guests into the establishment, directing guests to the restroom, seating area or bar, taking reservations or catering orders, answering questions, thanking guests and inviting them to return upon their departure.
- Inspect table/es for proper presentation and cleanliness prior to seating guests.
- Escort guests safely and professionally to their table, provide applicable menus and/or flatware, and announce the server's name.
- Input and deliver guest carryout orders in a pleasant and timely fashion.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting times, monitor wait-lists and manage reservations.
- Maintain host area including replenishment of business cards, mints, and toothpicks, cleaning menus, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food products, menus, promotions and events.
- Be attentive at staffing meetings and remain updated on daily menu changes to both food and bar, specialties, menu deviations, etc.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all areas at all times.
- Provide swift and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant and report all guest comments, complaints, or suggestions to the Manager on Duty “MOD.”
- Responsible for proper handling of plate ware, glassware, and small wares.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or instructed by Management.
- Assist and support team members, as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Front of House Managers, General Manager or Corporate Office.
- Responsible for adhering to company Appearance Standards.
- Consistent productivity, follow health codes, provide a safe working environment for all staff while maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as a high standard of work ethic in the workplace.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work-related experience required
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive interpersonal skills
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, within a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level inside the establishment.
Shifts are typically day/evenings and weekends.
- The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly and listen.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and/or sit to work.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.