The General Manager (GM) is responsible and accountable for all restaurant activities and assumes complete responsibility for the restaurant as necessary. The GM works to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the goals of the restaurant. The GM ensures all team members are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
- Team Member Meal Benefit Program - STEEP Discounts on Food & Beverage at ALL of our restaurant group's locations
- 401K WITH Company Match
- We pay for your County Bartender's License
- We pay for ServSafe Manager Food Safety Certification (5 year Certificate)
- EVERYONE is eligible for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance within first 30 days of Employment.
- TONS of Supplemental Benefit Offerings
- FREE $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- FREE Lifetime enrollment in our Industry-leading Employee Assistance Program
- FREE Lifetime enrollment in our "Perkspot" (Think of it like Groupon, but better)
- 3 Weeks Paid-Time Off
- An INCREDIBLE work culture that focus on Team Member enrichment
- A schedule that works for you, we are SUPER flexible and understand people have lives outside of work.
- 5-Day Work Week (Guaranteed 2 days off a week).
- Bartender License Reimbursement
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED and Narcan Certification
- Must be present and available in your store through the entire duration of your scheduled shift. (working remotely is not permitted)
- Must have a regularly used / working phone number on file for store management to contact in the event of an emergency.
-Maintains an open-door policy with entire staff.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS:
-Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week; able to work flexible hours necessary to manage and operate the restaurant effectively.
-Travel to other stores within the company will be necessary at times.
-Conduct a weekly in store Manager Meeting to review restaurant performance.
-Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
-Pleasant, polite manner as well a neat and clean appearance.
-Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
-Demonstrates time management and organizational skills.
-Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
-Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff and customers.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk for up to 10 hours at a time, with brief time to sit intermittently. The employee must occasionally lift or move restaurant products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. The employee must also have the stamina to work up to 60 hours per week when necessary.
-Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree preferable.
- 3-5 years in management position. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; is capable of communicating effectively with guest and team members; bilingual skills a plus
- Local Bartender’s (Class D Operator’s) License OR Local Manager’s (Class B Operator’s) License
- State of Wisconsin Food Manager Certificate (ServSafe Preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation
- The GM must keep upper management and owners promptly and fully informed of all issues and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- The GM must complete his or her job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- The GM must maintain a favorable working relationship with all company team members and vendors to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
Effective Business Management & Practices:
- The GM maximizes financial performance and profit, using cost and labor analytics daily to manage the restaurants performance and labor.
- The GM develops and executes the business goals with the help and guidance of the Director of Operations. Achieving results by planning, communicating, delegating and follow up.
- The GM will create store schedules for team members including their management team. Schedules will need to be published and posted a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Store schedules should reflect the appropriate amount of scheduled labor to meet or exceed budgeted labor goals.
- The GM will review time and attendance reports for payroll for accuracy. Once completed, a weekly payroll confirmation email must be sent to the human resources department to ensure the store’s payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- The GM will effectively manage their store’s social media pages and respond promptly to online reviews.
- Initiates programs on time (i.e. menu change), correctly and with the guidance of the Director of Operations.
- The GM identifies and develops local restaurant marketing strategies to maximize sales.
- The GM will assist in the development of the budget and oversee the execution of the budget over the year.
- The GM works with local organizations/non-profit groups to help build a positive rapport in their local community.
- The GM ensures business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and procedures provided in the Employee Handbook. The GM will enforce all labor laws (federal, state and local)
- The GM serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- The GM maintains professional restaurant image and ambiance including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- The GM follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all team members, guests and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- The GM upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our guest and team members. The GM oversees and the KM (Kitchen Manager) to ensure food quality, cleanliness and labor management to meet or exceed company standards.
- The GM upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure passing scores/ratings for EcoSure and Local Health Department Inspections.
- The GM will adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supplies and labor costs. This also includes inventory management and ordering all product for the operations. He or She is responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Training & Development:
- The GM continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all team members. The GM treats team members with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same. They must uphold the mission statement, vision statement and the company core values.
- The GM effectively utilizes all training programs for new team members. Working directly with the lead trainer to ensure all team members continue their training while employed with the company.
- The GM effectively and accurately completes onboarding and orientation with all new hires to company standards.
- The GM works with the lead trainer to prepare qualified employees for promotion to the next position.
- The GM works with the management team to evaluate each team member’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations outlined in the employee handbook, including their management team. The GM holds the team members accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronting poor performance and praising good performance.
- The GM must be knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures. The GM is responsible for performing all employment terminations within their store.
Total Guest Satisfaction:
- The GM consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction. He or She models and creates an environment in which the guest never feels wrong; ensures a positive customer service experience.
- The GM responds positively and quickly to guest concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect the guest. This includes verbal and written communication with guests and team members.
- The GM identifies and hires candidates that fit the company culture.
- The GM ensures all team members are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total guest satisfaction. The GM must evaluate each team member’s ability to maintain high levels of guest satisfaction.
- The GM maintains the restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed the company standards for quality, service and cleanliness.