HIRING CAPTAIN SERVERS
Strong spirits, wine, and wine service knowledge with the ability to pass a wine exam. Sommelier certification is preferred. Prior experience as a Captain in a fine-dining restaurant environment.
Commander’s Palace can offer you:
- A full-time 4-day work week so you have more time for you
- Part-time schedules available
- Career Pathways for growth within our company
- Aqua Blue U Training Classes (internal training & development program)
- $15/hr training wage with higher earning potential once training is completed
- Earning Potential of $29 - $41/hr with tips included
- Free mental health resources
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Employee Assistance Programs)
- 401K plan with a company match so you can start saving for retirement
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Meals
- Employee Discount
- We are closed on Mardi Gras Day and Christmas Day
We foster an environment of growth, mentorship, and warmth at Commander's Palace.
All applicants must embrace and contribute to our company culture.
To participate and oversee a service team consisting of a Captain, front, and back server that
provides a superior experience to our guests.
To positively impact the process of making customers, by performing the following duties in a
timely, efficient, friendly, and productive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive on time for work and assist in dining room set-up.
- Prepare station and perform assigned side duties in a timely manner to be ready for service.
- Ensure team members complete assigned side duties.
- Attend pre-meal meetings, obtaining as much information as possible about daily specials, new dishes, and 86’ed items and ask questions to increase food knowledge.
- Conduct a pre-meal with the team to prepare a game plan and discuss short forms, XXP guests, special customer requests, etc.
- Execute and uphold all service standards as a role model for the team. Take responsibility for the actions of the team.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of wine lists, menus, and specials.
- Participate in gang seating and provide initial customer contact.
- Present menus and wine lists in a timely manner and inform guests of soups of the day, available fish, and any off-menu specials. Answer all guest questions in an informed, professional manner.
- Take orders in a neat and legible manner. Enter orders into the Posi system and provide each team member with a copy of the guest order.
- Ensure the table is “marked” and that each guest has appropriate service ware throughout the meal.
- Inform the manager of any issues in the timing of courses.
- Assist in gang service of all food delivered to the room.
- Check back with guests and get feedback regarding their satisfaction with each course, doing so in a timely manner.
- Assist the front server with wine and cocktail service as necessary.
- Prepare all tableside items with confidence and professionalism.
- Ensure team members provide dessert service and coffee service in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that each table receives service to the end.
- Assist the team in resetting tables in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all special requests are met.
- Communicate frequently and consistently with other members of the team and other employees during service.
- Practice teamwork when interacting with all departments in the restaurant.
- Understand and demonstrate the concept of making customers.
- Have an awareness of customer problems and potential problems. Ensure that customers do not leave the restaurant unhappy.
- Total guest checks ensuring accuracy and processing payments.
- Perform all closing side duties, and ensure team members do the same leaving the station clean and set up for the next shift.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the manager.
You can always apply in person in business attire Monday - Friday between 2 pm-4 pm or
email careers @commanderspalace.com with your resume. Check out our website www.commanderspalace.com for all open positions and career fair dates.
We look forward to meeting you!