Best in Show Pet Resort
Overnight Supervisor Job Description
Part-time and Full-time availability
Company Overview: Best in Show Pet Resort is part of a larger company called National Veterinary Associates (“NVA”) that is made up of over 1000+ locations of veterinary hospitals and pet resorts. This is exciting as NVA has dedicated resources to growing our business and your role. The pet resorts industry is growing at a rapid pace and so is NVA. We are proud to be a part of this growing business!
Position Overview: The Overnight Supervisor is a position within the Resort and reports directly to the Pet Care Operations Manager. At Best in Show Pet Resort, we believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional.
A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Thoroughly clean and sanitize dog & cat kennels, playroom floors, walls and play equipment, hallways, restrooms, lobby and offices.
• Properly dispose of trash.
• Stock playrooms and restrooms with proper supplies/paper products.
• Report any maintenance concerns: broken or poorly operating equipment, tools, kennels; including safety concerns to the Pet Care Operations Manager and General Manager
• Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
• Complete routine visual assessments on pet guest including: kennel cleanliness and pet well-being.
• Refill Pet water bowls as needed
• Report any potential pet health concern immediately to Pet Care Operations Manager & General Manager
• A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats including a willingness to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
• Custodial experience is preferred.
• High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to work independently and follow procedures in alignment MSDS Sheets & OSHA standards.
• Punctuality and reliability are a must.
• Honesty and exceptional work ethic.
• MUST be able to work overnight hours.
• Continual standing and walking during shift.
• Bending, lifting, kneeling as needed to perform cleaning tasks
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Use of and exposure to cleaning chemicals
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Equal Employment Opportunity
• NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.