This is a sales/business development position
Reporting to the Director of the Sales Team, the incumbent creates the first link with our potential clients and introduces them to our mission, services and products. You will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, qualifying and confirming business opportunities for MicroHabitat.
This position lays the foundation for an exciting sales career! Great potential for growth within the team for those interested in learning about sales, sustainability and urban agriculture.
Working at MicroHabitat means cultivating change alongside dynamic and passionate colleagues in a growing company with a global expansion plan.
At least one year of sales and customer service experience.
Bachelor's degree in sales, business or related field
Fluent in written and spoken English. French a plus
Experience with sales tools (HubSpot), an asset
Communication: listening, presentation and writing skills to convey messages clearly, accurately and effectively
Teamwork: a leader who is overflowing with positivism, loves collaboration and team spirit
Self-starter: reliable, self-motivated and able to work alone while ensuring team goals are met in a timely and organized manner
People person: comfortable making cold calls and building trust and rapport with customers
Resilience: never gets discouraged, seeks to understand and remains optimistic in the face of rejection
Versatility: can quickly adapt to the situation and can switch quickly and frequently from prospecting to customer relations
What's in it for you?
Competitive compensation with base salary, attractive commissions and stimulating work environment. Enjoy a dynamic company culture with frequent BBQs with the team, free fresh produces from our farming zone for internal staff, plus the possibility to develop your career within a fast-growing company!
Base salary $50,000 - $60,000 base salary depending on experience
Bonus: Commissions. President's club benefits for top performers
Salary with commissions: between $70'000 - $100'000 depending on the objectives achieved.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be thoroughly familiar with MicroHabitat's services and program
- Learn and master all necessary tools: CRM and others
- Research and identify potential clients who could benefit from our services
- Create links with these potential clients and quickly make them aware of our global service
- Master the MicroHabitat sales pitch
- Leverage databases, lists and robots to your advantage to develop projects throughout the North America.
- Create and confirm service proposals with clients from various regions (Canada & USA)
- Develop strategies in collaboration with the sales team manager to increase sales and consistently meet monthly, semi-annual and annual objectives
- Seize every opportunity to learn more about your market and the industry
- Represent the company at networking events