Job Title: Convenience Store Manager
Department: Convenience Store
Reports To: DMG District Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Oversees entire convenience store operations including checkout, merchandise layout, product inventory, daily paperwork, and maintenance. Recruits, hires, trains, and leads convenience store team members. The Convenience Store Manager must build sales and ensure excellent customer service by establishing a positive, upbeat atmosphere in the store.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Serves our customers and community:
- Communicates and works cooperatively with District Managers, Store Support Center team, and other managers and team members to maintain standards and exceed customer service expectations.
- Develops customer loyalty through achieving store standards (inside and outside), personalized customer service, and team member development.
- Interacts honestly and professionally with others, while building relationships of trust and respect.
- Responds to customer issues professionally and promptly. Understanding and thoughtful to others' thoughts, ideas, and concerns.
- Positively represents Diversified Management Group on and off work time. Contributes to the community as an ambassador for the company.
- Develops our team:
- Directs successful store operation by managing the team, including recruiting, hiring, and retention; training and development; scheduling; and disciplining team members as needed. Partners with Human Resources in all aspects of Team Member's employment.
- Guides team member development through regular coaching, encouragement, and feedback, with a focus on building the team member's strengths.
- Leads others to be excited and committed to further the organization's goals and objectives.
- Assists team members with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work levels at the store and achieves agreed-upon results with little supervision.
- Makes timely, informed decisions to solve team member concerns, accounting for the facts, goals, constraints, and risks while being mindful of potential impact to the team and to the business.
- Adheres to and enforces all Diversified Management Group guidelines and policies, including cash handling, food service standards, and safety procedures.
- Improves our business:
- Achieves budgeted profit levels while ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Determines the duration and difficulty of projects and daily work by breaking down the processes, developing schedules, and assigning the work to meet goals and objectives.
- Makes wise decisions about committing organizational resources by following financial guidelines, principles, and standards.
- Builds sales by adhering to promotional schedules, merchandising and stocking the store, keeping the store clean and inviting, and generating excitement with customers and team members.
- Prepares daily reports and money deposits accurately and timely
- Monitors and maintains food service areas per company policies and government regulations to protect customers from illness.
- Ensures strict compliance with all company policies and procedures applying to the sale of age-restricted products.
- Makes appropriate decisions in a fast-paced environment. Considers the implications of all aspects of the business and the organization's strategic intent when making decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and team members.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must be able to use a computerized cash register and gas console equipment with accuracy, within the guidelines of the company's cash accounting and credit policies and procedures.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and other DMG values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lift, carry, pull or push up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- Frequent stopping, bending, squatting, kneeling, walking, reaching turning, climbing stairs/ladders
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures.