Hungry For A Great Career?
To our guests, Zaxby’s is more than just a place to eat – it’s a place to have fun, spend some time with friends and experience great food.
To manage a Zaxby's unit toward the attainment of agreed upon sales and profit goals, working within the framework of company values and policies. Responsible for day to day operations of their store location.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to work a minimum of 9 hours per week
- FREE meals on the clock and 50% off meals off the clock
- Team member recognition program
- Team member referral bonus
- Flexible Hours
Essential duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Increase sales by providing outstanding product and service.
- Write an effective work schedule each week and post it by 5 pm on Thursday.
- Work morning, nights, and weekends, monitoring quality of food and service.
- Ensure restaurant is 100% staffed with quality Team Members.
- Ensure full implementation of new employee orientation and training programs.
- Review the performance of all Team Members, Shift Managers and Assistant Managers twice a year.
- Execute all systems daily to ensure a clean, organized restaurant, prepared to deliver quality food in a friendly environment.
- Purchase food, beverages, and supplies as needed and oversee preparation to ensure that every product served meets high standards of product quality.
- Operate in accordance with established performance, profits and operating standards as set out in the Operation Manuals.
- Supervise and motivate Team Members, Shift Managers and Assistant Managers to perform to their highest possible level of ability.
- Have a good working knowledge of all equipment, and assume responsibility for preventive maintenance of a unit.
- Maintain high standards of service throughout the operational day by demonstrating LEADERSHIP by example.
- Utilize all management tools to keep neat, accurate, and current records providing the historical data to plan for increased sales and profits.
- Ensure all marketing plans are executed on time and accurately to build repeat Guest visits.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing approved Local Store Marketing.
- Review income statements and progress toward goals with the District Manager. Take action to solve problems as necessary.
- Communicate openly and honestly with subordinates, superiors and all others about plans, progress and problems.
- Continually help develop Assistant Managers in the operation of a Zaxby's unit and prepare them for general manager responsibility.
- Provide leadership by engendering excitement, enthusiasm, positivity and commitment toward company objectives.
- Responsible for increasing sales and making a profit.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description
- Maintain a flexible schedule working at least one open, close, and mid shift per week.
- Must work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Non-essential job functions:
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Standing, or
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment.
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment; hazardous conditions.
- Essential job functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Manage all personnel on each shift, including cashiers and cooks.
- Inventory management: the management of food costs.
- Insure that all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks and checklists are being completed correctly.
- Hiring and scheduling staff to provide quality guest experience while managing labor expense.
- Insure that daily cash drawers, safe and credit cards are balanced.
- Operate the store to meet or exceed budgeted operating goal.
- Insure that all product quality standards are met.
- Create an environment of quality within your store.
- Lead a team well and coach the performance of others.
Experience & Training Requirements
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 1 year experience managing in a restaurant environment
- Minimum 1 year employment by Zaxby's & ZFL Certified
- Successfully passed all ZFL required management tests within 90 days of hire