The ideal individual for this role has a passion for culinary and the commitment to show the highest standards in quality, taste and presentation to the guests we serve. This person is responsible for the overall kitchen operation, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, managing, and controlling the kitchen operation and administration. This individual should exemplify leadership skills and be able to communicate, coach and motivate the team. Our Chef de Cuisine must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have a knack for problem solving and most importantly be committed to having the highest quality standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Makes recommendations to the Corporate Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
- Ensures that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience.
- Ensures that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the Common Bond standards.
- Ensures that team members are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensures that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensures that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensures that the department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered to, controls food costs and COGs.
- Ensures that meetings are well planned, and results orientated.
- Correct food preparation for each restaurant, including catering and ensures that all relevant catering orders are prepared timely and in adherence with company standards.
- Initiates relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- Manages team members fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all team members.
- Project a positive and motivated attitude among team members.
- Works with the Executive Corporate Chef to ensure that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- Ensures that weekly work schedules and timecards are administered and updated as needed.
- Ensures that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- Coach and counsel team members in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Act as manager on duty for the restaurant as scheduled.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to team members.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift.
- There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a similar capacity
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on quality and customer service
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, service team members and guests
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Should expect to work 50 hours per week
- Serve-Safe or Houston Food Managers Certificate is required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge on food and beverage.
- Creativity, culinary aptitude and a passion for working with food
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to take action
- Administrative and computer experience.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Common Bond is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that all qualified candidates. We believe that enables us to retain the top talent while serving our customers.
Reports to: Corporate Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Salary/ Exempt