The Assistant Manager’s primary duty is the management of the daily operations of the restaurant to ensure the overall goal of outstanding guest service. The Assistant Manager manages the day-to-day activities of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is the highest-ranking member of the management team in the restaurant and had direct responsibility for overseeing the financial results, operations, staff development, customer service and compliance with all Company policies, procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours.
- Periods of standing and walking, as necessary.
- Frequent contact with guests, requiring tact and courtesy.
- Frequent contact with subordinates, requiring direction and supervision.
- Conversational Spanish
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate well.
- Proficient math skills and comfort with numbers.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and professional demeanor at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and self-discipline.
- Display exemplary and professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Listen and communicate effectively with the General Manager, Shift Leaders and hourly staff, guests, vendors, and the community.
- Conduct management and staff meetings, as directed by the General Manager.
- Follow the General Manager’s direction and accomplish the objectives set by the General Manager.
- Review the objectives with Shift Leaders and hourly staff as necessary.
- Delegate appropriate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Resolve employee complaints, questions or concerns as necessary.
- Recruit, interview, select and hire quality staff for all positions.
- Conduct orientation and train Shift Leaders and other hourly staff to ensure employees perform their respective jobs.
- Perform performance reviews of Shift Leaders at General Manager’s request and other hourly staff on a regular basis. Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and counseling to Shift Leaders and hourly staff regarding areas such as production, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Perform counseling, disciplinary action or termination of employment of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff.
- Recommend any promotion, advancement, or other status change of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff to General Manager.
- Adjust work schedules and hours of work of Shift Leaders and hourly staff, as needed, to ensure all shifts are covered. Recommend any scheduling or shift changes to General Manager.
- Approve overtime as necessary for hourly staff.
- Oversee all day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure Company standards for quality food, service, and sanitation are met.
- Manage and supervise Shift Leaders and hourly staff.
- Assign and direct daily work responsibilities for staff.
- Order inventory for all areas and operations to ensure the restaurant is stocked with appropriate levels of product.
- Reconcile cash registers at open and close of each shift.
- Maintain all records as required by Company policies and procedures, and in compliance with state and federal law.
- Maintain staff compliance with Company policies, procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Maintain staff compliance with state and federal laws governing safety and food handling.