We're looking for some awesome people to join our team and wow our guests as Cake Decorators.
What You'll Do:
- Decorate, cakes, cookies, and other items as determined by production schedule and customer requests
- Baking and frying duties as assigned
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag bakery products
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and displays
- Notify the Bakery Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines
- Assist in receiving, unloading and stocking of merchandise
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department
Additional Information & Requirements:
Peak your interest? Here are the qualifications and skills you will need:
- One (1) year of cake decorating experience in a production or retail bakery environment
- Good verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers
- Basic mathematical, reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents and instructions
Physical requirements: May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.