We're looking for some awesome people to join our team and wow our guests as Cashiers.
What You'll Do:
- Operate cash register and electronic scanner to itemize customer purchases; handles a variety of products which may include dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry, fish, beef and pork products.
- Process financial transactions including, but not limitedto;cash, checks, credit cards, food stamps, WIC, loyalty cards, gift certificates, rain checks, voids, and coupons accurately and in accordance with company policy.
- Weigh and carefully bag customer purchases.Responsible for front-end duties such as merchandising check-stand (newspapers, periodicals, candy, etc.).
- Understand use of check-stand equipment (register, scanner, scale, belts) and its efficient operation.
Additional Information & Requirements:
Peak your interest? Here are the qualifications and skills you will need:
- Good verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers
- Basic mathematical, reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents and instructions
Physical requirements: May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.