What are we all about?
CleanTurn revitalizes commercial spaces by providing professional cleaning and disinfecting services. Through these services, we are changing perceptions and shattering the myth that a person’s past dictates their future.
Our team is diverse, exciting, motivating and committed to excellence. We are intentional in providing a supportive culture sensitive to the myriad of challenges associated with the impact of generational poverty, incarceration, addiction, domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking and other traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in joining a team pursuing a healthy mix of business and helping people in a sustainable, vision-driven, healthy way, then you will want to join this ever-evolving, learning, and growing team!
The Business Development Manager is the primary generator of supportive employment for our team members. We will not change perceptions and we will not shatter myths without a platform on which to show what change can look like. As the Business Development Manager you will promote the CleanTurn Brand, our Story, our Vision and Mission. You love people. You love relationships. You love to sell! You love to close on opportunities that allow the vision to be realized!
• Capture the Story and share it!
• Own Social Media Marketing
• Own regular and consistent messaging through public relations/ press releases, news stories, monthly newsletter and events (events we host, events we sponsor, events we attend)
Sales / Revenue
• DRIVE Sales: fundamentally the number one priority of this role is CLOSING on opportunities for us to see the Vision become a reality!
• Manage new customers through the sales process: contact, walk through, quote, follow up, contract, schedule, pass off to Commercial Manager.
• Meet targeted sales and revenues goals.
• Develop and execute strategic business development plans
• Project future performance
• Support Operations Director and Shift Managers as needed in achieving company goals.
Proposals / Walk Throughs
• Manage the administrative end of all proposals and contracts, ensuring all important details and changes are effectively communicated in a timely manner with the appropriate Managers as well as the Finance team.
• Review requests for bids and provide estimates accordingly for incoming janitorial work and follow up on those opportunities.
• Manage the on-boarding of new customers to ensure a smooth start to each new contract.
Contract Renewals / Amendments
• Responsible for renewing all current contracts and making any amendments to the contracts.
• Communicate any customer concerns or areas to address to the Management Team.
• Working closely with the Ops Team to ensure any challenges that need to be addressed or changes that need to be implemented are considered at the time of contract renewal.
• Leverage technology to help create systems to streamline the bidding process and manage client relationships.
Marketing / Networking
• Develop and lead marketing strategies
• Think creatively and execute effectively on attracting new business opportunities.
• Assist with marketing materials: photos, flyers, postcards, website, newsletters, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
● Highly relational – YOU LOVE PEOPLE and you LOVE TO CONNECT!
● Positive! Solution Oriented and Goal Oriented!
● Initiator who doesn’t wait to be told what to do but can create, can ideate, can execute and can do so as a team player while keeping “CLOSED DEALS” the primary metric to hit!
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand
● Insightful, articulate and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
● Knowledge of professional cleaning services and equipment, and/or the ability to learn quickly
● Aptitude for sales and business development
● Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
● Excellent internal and external customer service skills
● Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Excel, Word plus Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar.
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to travel to surrounding areas with own transportation (mileage is compensated)
● Ability to work five days a week with some flexibility; and rare weekend hours as needed. Networking events happen evenings / weekends.
1. Passion for the mission
2. Strong communication and customer service skills
3. Must be able to prioritize with discernment on what is important and what can wait
4. Focuses on the achievement of objectives and standards
5. Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence
6. Valid driver's license and insurable on CleanTurn’s policy