Creamery Shipping & Receiving is a critical component of keeping our creameries operating and getting our products to customers. By working directly with the Creamery Managers & Supervisors and cross-functionally with our Tomales Bay Foods Warehouse team, you will make sure our cheeses are well cared for from the time they’re packed to the time they’re shipped out the door!
In this role, you’ll ensure the smooth and timely transfer of information and finished goods from the production floor to the Finished Goods Walk-In and then eventually over to the Tomales Bay Foods Warehouse for distribution. You are responsible for overseeing the overall cleanliness and organization of the Creamery Warehouse and Finished Goods Walk-In, as well as leading the operations needed to package and prepare to ship finished goods of both fresh and aged cheeses.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in their approach, work in the spirit of teamwork, and ensure that our creameries continue to run smoothly, and allow the product team to focus on creating high-quality cheese.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position.
What You Need
- 1-3 years of related work experience, preferably in food manufacturing or similar
- Strong math and problem-solving skills
- An eye for efficiencies and ability to implement systems improvements
- ERP or warehousing systems experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, especially to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance
What You Bring:
- Comfortable working in deadline-driven and multi-task environment
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 50 lb continuously
- Must work comfortably in variable temperature environments
- Must be able to stand and walk for 4 hours at time
- Must be able to stoop and reach on a regular basis
- Must be able to balance and operate a stepladder
What You'll Do:
- Be the contact point between TBF warehouse and Petaluma Creamery to ensure that all cheese products expected to be delivered to TBF arrive on time
- Oversee the Creamery Warehouse and Walk-In to remain clean and orderly at all times
- Create the weekly box building schedule using the wrap/pack sheet and communicate staffing needs to complete these tasks
- Manage the proper functioning of boxing machinery including proper printing and application of barcode stickers for both fresh and aged cheeses
- Assisting in daily creamery duties in a fast and efficient manner
- Maintain and update traceability documents: batch numbers, batch tags, weight sheets, ingredient lot numbers, etc.
- Work in aging rooms turning cheese and ensuring aging conditions meet standards set out by management; maintaining thecleanliness of the facility and equipment
- Work in compliance with the California Department of Food and Agricultural and Food and Drug Administration regulations; follow established Food Safety Program & HACCP policies and procedures
What We Offer:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position
• Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid vacation and sick days, and a 30% discount
• Bonus perks like swag, coffee & treats to keep you going, and endless Cowgirl cheer!