The Assistant Cheesemakers help with the daily cheese making process and ensure we are making safe, tasty cheese. We work in compliance with food safety policies and local and federal regulations. In this role, you will assist the Lead Cheesemaker in meeting daily production goals and keeping the creamery clean and orderly.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position.
What You'll Do:
As we grow, we need Assistant Cheesemakers to support our creamery manager in Point Reyes Station, Calif. Cheesemakers are the heart of our business. As an assistant, you’re crucial to our daily cheese making. In addition to training to become our process expert and support daily production goals, you’ll also learn how we work in compliance with food safety policies and regulations to ensure we continue to make safe, delicious cheese.
• Cheesemaking: Scooping, shaping, and brining
• Affinage (Aging): Carefully monitoring and caring for our cheese in our aging rooms
• Maintenance: Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and tools to ensure they sparkle
What You Bring:
• You’re reliable, a good communicator, and have an eye for efficiency
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus
• You have a positive attitude and you’re excited to work with cheese and good food
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lb frequently, and to lift and carry up to 10 lb continuously
• Ability to frequently reach above and below shoulder level, stoop and squat
• Ability to work safely in variable temperature environments
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
What We Offer:
• This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position
• Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and Life/AD&D insurance, 401K, paid vacation and sick days, and a 30% discount
• Bonus perks like swag, coffee & treats to keep you going, and endless Cowgirl cheer!