The Pet Care Customer Service Lead is responsible for helping the Resort Manager efficiently and accurately provide customer service and run front desk operations of Ruffin' It Resort including maximizing revenue by ensuring client satisfaction and driving retail sales.
Our front-of-house team has exemplary customer service, just as you would see in a 5-star hotel. You will be greeting pet parents, helping them to and from their cars, checking guests in and out, handling pets to and from their rooms or play areas, taking inventory of belongings, checking vet records, keeping our resort clean and tidy, and communicating with pet parents in person and via email, text, and phone. Our professional customer service team works on their feet and creates a unique and dedicated experience for each of our guests and pet parents, all while having the privilege of interacting with the cutest dogs and puppies. The Pet Care Customer Service Lead must help ensure these procedures and front desk environment. This position reports to the Resort Manager of Ruffin' It Resort.
About Our Team:
Our team is empowered! Each of our dedicated team members is unique and brings with them their own life experiences. We share ideas, have team meetings, encourage, recognize, and support each other, and care for each guest as if they were our own. Our team is hard-working AND fun. We’re critical thinkers, proactive problem solvers, creative caregivers, and most of all, enthusiastic animal lovers.
We offer an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, and paid sick and vacation time.
All of our employees get to interact with the best furry guests in the world! Have a dog of your own? You can take advantage of free and discounted pet services in our resort!
Our company also offers employees discounts on certain pet insurance programs and cell phone services. We also have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k) program with matching funds., scholarship opportunities, and access to mental health services.
We recognize hard work and dedication. There are ample opportunities to advance in our company for those looking to grow or start a career in pet care or veterinary services.
• Ability to assist in supervising the Customer Service operations including daily front desk duties, client arrival and departure procedures, accurate documentation of reservation and pet information, and courteous customer service.
• Coach staff members on effective customer service and proper check-in procedures.
• Assist front desk by being the first contact in resolving customer service client issues
• Train new Customer Service Representatives as needed.
• Work with Resort Manager on special projects as needed.
• Must love animals
• Must be passionate about your care of guests and quality of work every day
• Leadership experience preferred
• Ability to work as a team and assist other departments as needed
• Focus on safe and gentle handling of our dog guests
• Have a friendly, and positive attitude toward yourself, our guests, your teammates, leadership, and pet parents.
• Reliable, punctual, and dependable – your team relies on you, and so do our guests and pet parents!
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends.
• Be comfortable around dogs of all breeds and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and lift up to 60 lbs.
• Be able to work on your feet for 8 hours and work in the hot/cold/humid/rainy weather
If you love animals and have experience in customer service, leadership, pet resorts, animal rescue, pet sitting, veterinary care, or have worked in a fast-paced environment before, we welcome you to apply! Due to the nature of our business, weekend and holiday shifts are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.