Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary and great benefits! For management positions, Silverspot covers 100% of employee only health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D. We also offer dependent/spouse coverage as well as supplemental benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability. Our eligible associates also enjoy vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, movie passes and employee discounts.
CONCESSION - GENERAL SUMMARY
Concession attendant delivers superior guest service. He/she will greet guests in a warm, friendly demeanor, takes guest’s order, serve food, beverages, and/or desserts to guests from the concession counter as well as use a cash register/POS to enter order, accept payments and make change for cash tenders. He/she will also be responsible for keeping the concession area and equipment sanitary.
CONCESSION - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve guests at the concession counter.
1.1. Greet guests in a professional friendly, warm and hospitable manner as soon as they approach the concession area.
1.2. Provide a pleasant greeting at all times: smile when you greet guests and always say “Welcome to Silverspot”,“how may I help you”, “thank you” and “enjoy your movie” or “your experience.”
1.3. Inquire if the guest is a Spot Rewards Member or offer the program to new guests.
1.4. Upsell to guests offering promotions or make suggestions to increase sales and deliver a better experience to the guest.
1.5. Inform guests of delivery of entrée items at their seats
2. Use a cash register/POS to process all transactions that take place at the concession area.
2.1. Count cash at the beginning and end of the shift and ensure that there is no cash shortage or overage.
2.2. Ensuring all tips are entered correctly in Vista before signing out for the day.
2.3. Use of pin assigned to the employee and follow proper cash handling procedures and protocols for sales, voids or refunds.
3. Provide information to the guests on food/beverages sold at concession
3.1. Be up to date on all menu offerings of food and beverages and promotions and specials
3.2. Offer guests additional food/beverage items on menu and make proper suggestions.
3.3. Knowledge of the ingredients on all menu items (add/remove items)
3.4. Keep concession items always stocked.
4. Ensure cleanliness of the area
4.1. Sweep and mop concession area in the back and front.
4.2. Maintain concession equipment sanitary and follow all proper protocols.
4.3. Maintains a clean and orderly work area and meets other housekeeping needs as required by Silverspot.
CONCESSION - EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 or over (Serve alcohol)
- Some experience preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Friendly and warm demeanor
- Smiles and makes eye contact
- Adequate self-awareness
- Maintain the correct personal appearance
- Strong communications skills
- Food Safety Handling Certification
CONCESSION - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Passion for the movies
- Customer Service skills
- Cash register /POS experience
- Money handling experience
- Knowledge of food and beverages
CONCESSION - PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Walks and stands during entire 6-8 hour shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Be Able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Must wear slip resistant shoes and follow safety protocols to avoid hazards of slip and fall
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.
Base rate plus tips