We are looking for cooks to help create our world famous menu items for our guests! Experience as a line-cook is preferred as it suits the production set up in our kitchens. We pride ourselves in our ability produce our menu items quickly, accurately, safely, and to IHOP specifications. Team and role players thrive in our kitchen environment.
What will we ask of you?
- Prepare food according to specifications set forth in the IHOP SOP manuals.
- Learn our IHOP-specialized galley terminology and menu item abbreviations to communicate with your team members.
- Learn how to prepare our menu items, cooking procedures, galley utensils, equipment use and methodologies.
- Complete the IHOP Academy training program as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and organized storage areas in the kitchen, walk-in, freezer, and dry storage.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as with the IHOP Safety and Sanitation standards, local health department sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
Who qualifies for this job?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training as a line cook or prep cook.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand oral instructions in English and read English or Spanish well enough to understand recipes and guests’ food orders.
- Must be able to apply simple math to cook and prep items using recipes in written form, oral instructions, or following a diagram.
- Must know basic food safety guidelines for the storing, preparation, holding, cooking, and serving of food in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, noisy, multi-temperature environment working together with others.
- Must have good organizational skills and an attentive eye for details.
- Must be at least 17 years old to operate kitchen equipment.
What must you physically be able to do?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be required to stand, walk, stoop down, kneel, crouch or crawl, bend, reach with hands and arms, and lift anywhere from 5-10 lbs. and up to 100 lbs. during a shift.
- Frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to talk or hear and taste or smell to effectively maintain food safety and service standards.
- Must have close up and distant vision ability.
What conditions will you be expected to work in?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what you will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular exposure to cooking fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently working with or near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently works with and exposed to cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting chemicals.
- Occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, open flames, boiling hot liquids and cooking oils and grease.
- Noise levels usually moderate but sometimes on the loud side.
- Flexible hours - Full time, Part time, Seasonal hours available.
- Extensive training
- Employee Meal Program:
- 50% off your staff meal consumed during your meal break!
Eligible for the following benefits after 12 months of consecutive service:
- Life Insurance/Critical Illness/Accident Plan
Opportunity for advancement into management for the right person