The primary responsibility of this role is to own the pet care experience and ensure our service model is being executed at all times by exhibiting a work ethic that both WOWS and DELIGHTS the pet and their parent. The PCS is responsible for the health, safety and comfort of our pet guests. This role directly works in the resort space of Boarding, Day Care, and Maintenance.
Bring your dog to work for free*
Room to grow
Quarterly employee recognition
401k with company match
Fulltime employees also enjoy
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Passion for pet care.
• Pet Care, Customer service, and operational techniques
• Seeking coaching, development, performance appraisals, and advancement in the field of animal care.
• Customer service best practices
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving and conflict management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, and resort management software knowledge preferred)
• The ability to goal set and achieve set results
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties
• Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the resort
• Must be able to work well in team environment
• Capable of quality decision making
• Demonstrates excellent time and task management
• Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with resort team and clients
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet
• Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet
• Understand and respond to team members’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works cohesively with other PCS team members to lead, engage and manage play groups.
• Responsive, respectful and able to get others onboard with own actions. Able to see the big picture.
• Projects a professional image to resort team, clients, and supervisors. Dress/Demeanor/Language.
• Acts as a champion for change and adapts to evolving work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
• Fosters a culture of positivity & flexibility within the resort team.
• Exhibits our Servant Leadership Attributes: Candid, Passionate, Empowers Others, Caring, Serves Others, Fair.
• Assists the Pet Care Operations Lead in conducting new dog behavioral “interviews”.
• Works cross-functionally with the Grooming and Client Services department to ensure consistency in excellence within the client and pet care journey.
• Abide by all resort operational policies and procedures.
• Performs quality checks and reviews of run cards.
• Assists Grooming department with bathing duties when necessary.
• Is a champion of resort cleanliness and safety compliance programs and responsibilities.
• Understands day-to-day duties of each department and position as all departments of the resort work cohesively to ensure consistency in excellence with the client and pet care journey
• May be asked to fill in on an emergency basis when needed.
• Execute all operational processes and procedures (SOP).
• Ability to work flexible hours, including mornings, weekends, evenings and holidays.
Client Service/Pet Care
• Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of pet care and client service.
• Is a champion of operational and safety initiatives and uses best practices.
• Ensures best-in-class resort operations by providing the cleanest, safest, and most engaging pet care environment.