Are you looking for a job where you actually enjoy going to work?
How about a job where you can make a difference in the life of animals?
Camp K9 Pet Resort is Madison’s premier pet resort for dogs and cats providing overnight boarding, doggie day camp and grooming. We’re located on Madison’s east side on 5 acres of doggie paradise!
We are on the search for the best candidates to join our team of hardworking, fun-loving and pet-loving people. We are looking for a full time Associate Manager of our boarding office. The right candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and enjoy a very fast paced environment.
Joining our team means a flexible schedule, vacation time earned at 6 months of employment, anniversary bonuses, and annual employee appreciation party. Full time employees are eligible for health insurance and 401k.
We are looking for a self-motivated and hard working individual who enjoys working directly with their staff, and can lead by example. This job is very fast paced and requires you to be quick on your feet, adept at multitasking, and the ability to keep calm under pressure. We are also looking for someone who enjoys going beyond the day-to-day activities and will take on extra projects and researching new ways for us to increase business efficiency. As an associate manager at Camp K9 you play a role in our human resources, staff management, business management, customer service, and so much more! This is a position where you have many opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
The Details: This is a full-time position and does include some weekends and holidays.
If you would like to join our fun and energetic team, please reply with a cover letter and resume today.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions:
* Carries out and attains the mission and goals of the business.
* Development of a remarkable workforce by coaching, overseeing, and planning career development opportunities.
* Help to effectively staff each department including interviewing and hiring.
* Increase employee retention by creating a positive and fun work environment.
* Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and feedback.
* Keep up with the latest trends in our field by attending workshops and seminars related to the industry.
* Strong attention to details.
* Cheerfully greet customers and their pets entering establishment.
* Ability to perform all duties of subordinate positions and willingness to help throughout every shift.
* A commitment to the business and our success.
* The desire for a career, and not just a job.
Education and Experience:
* 2+ years managerial experience in business or a departmentally related field preferred.
* Experience and success in building and maintaining a positive team environment.
* Professional animal experience (volunteer work is also great!)
*Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
*Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
*Knowledge and experience in business, supervision and management.
*General knowledge of various employment laws, practices and employee relations.
* Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
* Stress tolerance - must be able to remain calm under highly stressful and unexpected situations.
* Dependable and responsible.
* Must be able to communicate with all types of people, remain calm, mediate and problem solve.
* Above all, must be of moral and ethical character.