Are you looking for a job where you actually enjoy going to work?
How about a job where you can make a difference in the lives of animals?
Camp K9 Pet Resort is Madison’s premier pet resort for dogs and cats providing overnight boarding, doggie day camp and grooming. We’re located on Madison’s east side on 5 acres of doggie paradise!
We are on the search for the best candidates to join our team of hardworking, fun-loving and pet-loving people. We are looking for a full time or part time Pet Care Specialists to join our team. The right candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and enjoy a very fast paced environment.
Joining our team means a flexible schedule, vacation time earned at 6 months of employment (if average 20+ hours/week), anniversary bonuses, and annual employee appreciation party. Full time employees are eligible for health insurance and 401k. Pay starts at $10-$12.75/hour, depending on previous experience and number of hours available to work.
Have previous dog experience in a professional day camp setting? You may be eligible for a higher starting pay! We love to reward people who have a good work ethic, excellent attendance, and are respectful and responsible - pay is reviewed annually!
Must have passion and patience for all pets.
A desire to learn and actively improve your understanding of dog body language.
Professional and mature attitude with a good work ethic.
Able to work some shifts that begin at 6am.
Able to work most weekends and some holidays.
Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand/walk for the entirety of your shift.
Excellent attendance record.
Prior work experience in the pet care industry is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
If you think you would be the right person for our team we would love to hear from you today! Please reply with you resume or visit our website www.campk9madison.com to fill out an application.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.