FOLSOM DOG RESORT & TRAINING CENTER is the premier pet resort in the Folsom area. We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated animal lovers to join our outstanding team of pet care professionals!. The Dog Boarding and Daycare Attendant position is responsible for taking care of and providing activities for the pets staying overnight with us and also monitoring dog daycare playgroups.
Morning, mid-day and evening shifts are available. Due to the nature of our business, weekend and holiday shifts are required.
A Day In The Life:
As a Boarding and Daycare Attendant, you are part of a larger team that is focused on the daily care of our dog and cat guests. You’ll handle everything from walking dogs, feeding and administering medicines, cleaningrooms, playing with dogs + cats and even loving them as if they were your own. One day you could help our overnight guests feel like this is their palace away from home and the next day you might run the daycare play group and make sure everyone is getting along. You might snuggle a shy pup who needs some extra special attention while also helping a regular get right back into the swing of things.
You’ll not only communicate with the pets but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parents. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Ensure each guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Engage in play activities with pets including: fetch, exercise walks, chase, agility, follow the leader, recall and basic obedience games, etc.
- Supervise activities of multiple dogs throughout the day. Monitor closely for any potential conflicts or escalations and redirect or remove one or more dogs from the situation as needed
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following our standards of cleaning and disinfecting rooms
- Monitor guest’s health by daily charting of eating and elimination habits.
- Monitor guest’s reaction to playtimes and general demeanor by charting playtime interactions
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focus on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive and team-oriented
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
All employees can take advantage of free and discounted pet services as well as our 401(k) program with matching funds. Folsom Dog Resort also offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, and vision care.