Ready to be part of something big? Velvet Taco has 30+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ per year over the next 5 years. Our People team is expanding, and we are seeking a Director of People Operations (aka Human Resources) to join our Tribe and help drive the long term growth of a Kick Ass brand! The ideal person will have a passion for people, operational excellence, and overall, help to deliver an exceptional experience for all of our Team Members.
Reporting to the Vice President of People, the position will be primarily responsible for driving and executing the organization’s talent and workforce plans from analyzing the current status of talent to developing and delivering plans across the lifecycle of Team Members to ensure the best talent is in place and engaged across all positions. This role works closely with other members of the Restaurant Support Office as well as the Regional People Operations Managers to develop, lead, and enforce recruitment, management and employment relations policies. The ideal candidate must be a true brand ambassador a resourceful and enthusiastic professional, with a strong sourcing and recruiting background, knowledge of current industry trends, and leadership experience.
If you thrive in an "all hands-on deck" and fast-paced environment, love new challenges and being challenged, we want to chat with you!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage a team of Regional People Operations Manager that are responsible for the full cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, creating offer letters, and administering background checks for all management positions.
- Design and maintain all variable and non-variable pay programs
- Manage the annual performance appraisal program, linking results to merit program
- Lead Recruiting efforts from workforce plan to regular status reviews and maintaining PARs for RSO, Management and Hourly Team Members
- Leads companywide compensation programs: Executive and Non-Executive
- Ensures that all pay programs and practices provide for internal equity and competitive market positioning to provide optimal recruitment and retention outcomes
- Manages VT salary structure ensuring a sound grading methodology and balanced approach to position levels across the organization by providing day-to-day thought leadership, training, communications and guidance on compensation matters
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.Demonstrates out-of-the-box thinking to develop new Talent Acquisition strategies to support long term growth plans and keep us cutting edge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, (human resources, management, hospitality)
- Minimum 5+ years recruiting or equivalent experience in the Restaurant/Hospitality industry
- Expert knowledge in using Internet-based recruiting techniques, including social networking sites, hiring platforms, and online job boards is required
- Works well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to partner and manage cross functionally
- Professionally handles time sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with articulate presentation and facilitation skill
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with and capable of working in a remote environment
- Location: Plano, TX
- Travel Requirements: Travel 10% (as necessary to existing and future Velvet Taco locations)