Velvet Taco has 30+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ a year over the next 5 years. The Information Technology Manager performs a role in both developing and leading the support team at Velvet Taco. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating the I.T. needs of our new restaurant openings.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for maintaining and prioritizing support calls from operations and requests for the I.T. team. This includes responding to the needs of both our restaurants across 5 states, but also the Restaurant Support Office. This individual manages our point-of-sale system and integrations with our third-party business partners. We are looking for an individual that is capable of leading and growing a team while managing the day-to-day support requests as directed by the Director of Information Technology.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Implements and communicates Toast point-of-sale changes and integrations
- Monitors and responds to support requests and their progress
- Assists in implementing I.T. best practices in Restaurants and the Restaurant Support Office
- Responsible for installing I.T. systems at New Restaurant Openings supporting the field regarding system failures, setting up new hires with all technological needs (email, laptops, printers, etc.)
- Delivers timely I.T. status reports on multiple new restaurant openings
- Monitors and configures network equipment throughout all locations
- Reviews access controls
- Manages projects within reasonable timeframes and budgets
- Provides guidance on how to operate new systems
- Consults with vendors and clients to integrate and update computer technology
- Oversees troubleshooting of system errors
- Assists with associated vendor relationships and compliance
- Responds to I.T. issues, hardware maintenance, software, and networking inquiries
- Provides helpdesk and technical support by phone, remote access, or site visits
- Supervises Assistant Managers of I.T. and supports Director of I.T.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent training and experience required
- 2+ years of proven experience as an I.T. manager or tenure in a similar role
- Experience in point-of-sale systems, Toast POS or similar
- Experience with restaurant/retail operations is a plus
- Strong communication (tech-savvy & non-technical) to remotely support our restaurants
- Self-starter and must be able to work autonomously
- Familiar with network topology and implementation
- Ability to have and maintain flexible schedule
- Location: Position located in Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
- Travel Requirements: Travel as necessary (up to 20%) to existing and future Velvet Taco markets
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Velvet Taco cultural fit and takes initiative where opportunities exist
• Expected to be hands on when needed and work a rotating schedule that includes late night hours and weekends
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines
• Ability to think analytically and perform tactically
• Computer knowledge of excel, windows, POS programs
• Excellent communication and follow up skills a must
At Velvet Taco, we celebrate individuality! We are an equal opportunity employer and try to select and retain the best Team Members and Managers based on their job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or medical condition.