What We’re Looking For
We’re hiring for a brilliant writer to join our Marketing Team in San Francisco or Salt Lake City (open to remote too). You’ll create a wide range of content including email campaigns, landing page copy, ad copy, e-books, and thought leadership pieces designed to WOW prospects and engage customers.
You’ll be an individual contributor reporting to our Head of Marketing, and will have a pivotal role in our company’s growth that directly impacts demand gen and brand awareness. It helps if you have impeccable writing skills and a great sense of humor - you can turn dry topics into engaging content that people want to share.
If you’re interested in shaping the future of operations for thousands of local businesses, this job is for you!
- Write engaging content for a wide range of digital and event marketing-related materials, including email, video, blogs, landing pages, sales materials, conference materials, infographics, e-books, and guides.
- Own the brand voice and establish the messaging direction in every execution.
- Support in the development and formalization of a consistent thought leadership voice.
- Manage the SEO optimization of all digital content.
- Ensure all marketing content is factually accurate and clearly communicates the intended message.
- Create user surveys and trends reports for national press.
- Develop and execute a scalable, integrated, multi-touch acquisition programs which increase conversion and reduce acquisition cost. Tactics include: ABM, SEM, events, direct mail marketing, content marketing, webinars, and retargeting programs.
- Define and implement how we will measure our digital and event content success and report on to the team.
- Handle writing of press releases and other press-related materials.
- Develop a strategy for higher conversions from our blogs, gated content and newsletters; help implement this with other marketing team members and designers.
- Act as a key creative team member on new marketing initiatives.
- Create email campaigns for maintaining our social media presence and day-to-day publishing, monitor conversation and create replies across all platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and cultural trends to align social strategy with broader marketing and partnership initiatives.
- Develop and deploy a regular schedule of social media campaigns based on industry trends, seasonality, and current topics.
- Monitor and report on KPIs.
- Grow audience and engagement on existing channels and develop strategies for new channels.
- Write and review compelling copy for social channels, in observance of Workstream’s brand standards and voice principles (we value conversational and humorous writing).
- Collaborate with internal Sales, CS, and Product teams to build out the social support content calendar and conceptualize content ideas to support the company and organized objectives, product launches, and support/education campaigns.
- Develop content supporting customer engagement strategies, with a focus on support and education.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a startup or SaaS environment - job title and salary is based on years of experience
- Has written for B2B audiences (this is preferable)
- Writes exceptionally clean copy and has writing samples to prove it
- Creative and strong writer with a lot of ideas for content creation
- Ability to rapidly learn, internalize and leverage product/campaign information
- Experience defining, tracking and reporting on content metrics
- Self motivated and high energy - sense of humor is a huge plus
- Always in the know on the latest social media trends
- High energy with a strong work ethic and a “get stuff done” attitude
- Willing and capable to write copy that is engaging and captivating
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing and social media management
- Preferably have experience in Google analytics
- Proficient with Word, Excel and Google Slides
- Upbeat, caring and empathetic with a passion for helping others
What we offer
- An opportunity to be an early employee at a high-growth SaaS company and work directly with the founding team;
- Full-time employees are offered comprehensive medical benefits;
- A globally-distributed team who deeply cares about each other and shares ideas;
- A belief that productivity is measured by output and not facetime;
- Flexible, schedule with a “use it how you need it” vacation policy - we don’t believe in capping or earning hours. We trust our team to get the job done and rest/recharge as they see fit.
- Help drive the culture of Workstream as we grow!