The primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct market and customer research that informs content/messaging/positioning etc.
- Define market position & potentially scope category creation
- Determine core value propositions that best demonstrate the power of Workstream
- Create a content strategy and content calendar that will propel us toward hyper-growth
- Help inform the voice of Workstream across all mediums, and especially the website
- Strategize, build, launch, and measure content-centric campaigns across a variety of go-to-market motions (which are still largely TBD), including Demand Gen, Social, Community, Influencer/SME, Analyst, PR/Comms and others
- Determine the best content types that we should employ, eg: webinars, podcasts, ebooks, mailers, newsletters, interactive content etc.
- Measure and report on the reach, sentiment, impact, revenue, and other important success metrics that result from our content
- Partner with Sales Enablement to arm our ADRs, AEs, Onboarding & Success teams with the type of content that will help them demonstrate value and win customers time and time again
- Ability to organize and manage contract workers to efficiently create content that is consistent with brand voice/guidelines and satisfies content strategy
These are some of the requirements and skillsets we are looking for in our ideal teammate:
- 5+ years in social media, content or product marketing, brand storytelling, editing, media relations / PR, & market research
- B2B experience is preferred and SMB experience is a plus
- 5+ years creating and contributing content to blogs, publications, news outlets etc.
- A solid background in written communication, professionally and academically
- Basic knowledge in the principles of SEO and keyword research
- Basic knowledge of SFDC, Marketing Automation platforms, Content Management Systems, and campaign measurement
Ask yourself if the following resonates with you:
- Being Humble and Hungry
- Being part of a fast growing company
- Building programs from scratch, and pivoting quickly as needed
- The opportunity to experience rapid career growth
- Obsessing over customers and prospects until you know them inside and out
- Working with a globally distributed team
- Helping small businesses get back on their feet, and helping individuals find their next job
Take a look at our company values. We hold them dear:
How to be successful in this role
We are looking for someone that can work closely with our Head of Marketing and move quickly. You must crave feedback and be willing to work open and honestly. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work. You will succeed if you have a startup mentality of simply getting things done. If you are looking for a relaxed 9-5, please back away slowly. If you are insanely bright, hard working, humble, and looking to build a career with an exciting and fast-growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) business, this is for you.
Workstream (www.workstream.us) is a text recruiting and hiring tool for local businesses, especially quick service restaurants. We are a team from MIT, Y Combinator, Google, Yelp, Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, & Lucid. We have raised over $12.5M from Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, the CEO of Zoom, Jay Z, Joe Montana, Chairman of JetBlue, Charles River Ventures, the CEO of DoorDash, James Harden, the CEO of Logitech, the Chairman of Louis Vuitton (LVMH), Peterson Ventures, GGV Capital, the CEO of LucidChart, the CEO of Intercom, and more.
Workstream helps businesses like Jamba, Chick-fil-A, McDonald's, Dunkin', Applebee's, Auntie Anne's, Cinnabon, and many more to hire faster with texting / SMS, cutting in half the time to engage, hire, and onboard hourly workers. We save customers an average of 10+ hours every week and enable them to hire the right talent faster. We do this by engaging hourly candidates with texting, posting to over 100+ job sites like Indeed, Craigslist, ZipRecruiter, scheduling efficiently via mobile workflows, and seamless onboarding via online signing and more via text.
We are a rapidly growing company with a team of over 65 people (growing 3X in the past 12 months) across the San Francisco Bay Area, Utah, Singapore, Shanghai and more. We are on an important mission to empower local businesses and the “deskless” workforce with technology.
In the past year, over 30 million people lost their jobs. Workstream helps local businesses re-open and re-hire. We are accelerating the 2021 Great Re-hiring and helping millions of people find their place back in the workforce. If you want to learn more about the 2021 Great Rehiring, here is an article that we wrote about it: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2021-great-rehiring-desmond-lim
You can also “meet” our CEO and co-founder, Desmond Lim, and learn a little more about the Workstream mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azuzZ2guY_I
What we offer
- An opportunity to be an early employee at a high-growth SaaS company and work directly with the founding team
- Full-time employees are offered comprehensive medical benefits
- Meaningful equity to full-time employees
- A globally-distributed team that cares deeply about each other and each other’s success
- A belief that productivity is measured by output and not facetime
- Flexible schedule with a “use it how you need it” vacation policy - we don’t believe in capping or earning hours. We trust our team to get the job done and rest/recharge as they see fit.
- Help drive the culture of Workstream as we grow
You can see Workstream in the news