Willamette Wineworks is looking for an energetic, team player to join our fast-paced kitchen. This is an entry-level, full-time position that will include weekdays and weekends.
Maintain all kitchen operations, including but not limited to, preparing food, serving, cleaning, and preparing menus. Accurately and efficiently cooks and plates a wide variety of foods.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Order, stock, and prepare ingredients as necessary to prepare menu items.
- Order, Stock, and maintain sufficient levels of food-related products to ensure smooth service.
- Prepare food items prior to and during mealtime periods, usually alone or with minimal help
- Prepare/butcher a wide variety of meats, cheese, produce, and other food products on a daily basis.
- Create new and interesting dishes that pair with wine
- Maintain cleanliness of service areas such as kitchen, dining room, and service stations during entire shift.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Preps and serves for banquets, private dinners, and pairings dinners as needed.
- Implement portion and quality control standards of the menus and PAR levels.
- Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- One to two years of related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to stand for the majority of the workday.
- Able to work in extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have highly developed organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and build dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills.
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card.