Do you have a passion for cooking, food, and wine? Are you interested in being part of a world-class team committed to promoting from within and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for an energetic team player and customer-focused individual to be part of our Vancouver Tasting Room and Restaurant. This is your opportunity to join Willamette Valley Vineyards, the company that sets the standard for Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, and learns about our place in the Oregon Wine Story.
What We Offer:
The opportunity to learn about wine and food pairings. Predictable scheduling. $18/hr plus tip pool with a scheduled $1 raise every 6 months for a year and then $.50 every 6 months for their second year. A generous team member discount, competitive health, and vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to diversity, structured career development, and growth opportunities within a fast-growing company.
What We Ask:
Come to work each shift with a great attitude and are ready to contribute to the success of the team. Be willing to learn how to excel at your job. Work with us to create an environment where everyone feels safe and welcome. Be focused and committed to serving Willamette Valley Vineyards’ guests and providing Oregon’s best food and wine tasting experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks and send them through the dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes.
- Carry clean dishes to the cook line and other proper storage areas.
- Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change the dishwater in the dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to the dumpster.
- Set up and break down the dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around the exterior of the restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify the manager anytime the dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing your hands first.
- Apply knowledge of state and local food handling requirements.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations.
- Assist with month-end inventories.
- Attend meetings as required by Management.
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed. Assist in developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of Willamette Valley Vineyards.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management.
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card, or be willing to get one prior to opening.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Must be able to:
- Lift 40lbs.
- Able to stand for the majority of the workday.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work in extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Multitask, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Must be
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at the department level.
- Thorough understanding or a genuine interest in luxury food and wine business, wine terminology, and Hospitality.
- Ability to educate customers about food and wine with passion, not pretension.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only.