Hudson's Restaurant and Catering is looking to add experienced Line Cooks for Breakfast. We currently are only open for Brunch on Saturdays from 9AM - 2PM. Pre Covid we offered breakfast Monday - Friday 7AM - 11AM, Saturday and Sunday 9AM - 2PM. We are looking to hire 2 - 3 employees to reopen for Weekday Breakfast, same hours as before, as well as help our Saturday Brunch cooks. We are currently Closed on Sundays, by rebuilding this team we will assess the ability to reopen on Sundays for Brunch ONLY. These positions are pending upon hiring the whole shift and we will have hours available until the whole Breakfast crew is hired.
Must have Saturday and Sunday availability.
MISSION: We strive to provide our guests with true hospitality, beyond their expectations, with exceptionally great food and beverage.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Kitchen Manager, Chef/Partner
KNOWLEDGE: You will be expected to learn the following during the training process:
• Thoroughly understand and perform all duties assigned to you by your kitchen management team.
• Thoroughly understand and operate all equipment needed for cooking and preparing food.
• Proper sanitation practices.
We also offer many other great benefits such as:
- Flexible schedule
- Same Day Pay Available
- Competitive pay
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
- Be able to start work at 6AM Monday - Friday
- Knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to work
JOB RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Ablility to cook fried eggs to order
- Must be a morning person
- Specified preparation of all menu items, cooking skills, which includes quality as well as timeliness.
- • Food preparation and follow standardized recipes.
- • Sanitation – Practice proper food sanitation/HACCP (empty garbage, clean cooking line, sanitation buckets, etc.)
- • Rotation of all stock, FIFO- First In, First Out
- • Maintain high cooking standards
- • Side work - as assigned by management (cleaning, restocking, miscellaneous duties)
- • Cost control - (portion control, rotation of food, loss due to improper use of company property-dish breakage, etc.)
- • Follow daily routines including set-up and breakdown of stations, sanitation and cleaning.
- • Demonstrate proper knife skills.
- • Recognize and practice kitchen safety.
- • Must be able to multi-task and work a variety of stations.
- • Positive attitude and a strong spirit of teamwork.