Are you the next Team or Shift Leader at Chick-fil-A Topanga & Roscoe in Canoga Park, CA?
Team and Shift Leaders, whether serving in the Front of House or Back of House, assist the leadership team in all aspects of shift management and ensure that each restaurant guest has an outstanding experience.
You'll act as the person in charge of leading assigned stations for an entire shift, running breaks, and placing/assigning Team Members in the best positions for the business. You will be assigned to open or close the restaurant in the absence of a Director, following opening and closing procedures.
- Maintains a positive working relationship and treats all employees with respect while providing them with direction and feedback.
- Insures that Team Members follow recipes and read tickets to accurately prepare all orders.
- Insures that Team Members are extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
- Insures that Team Members work at a pace to maintain the restaurant's established speed of service guidelines.
- Ensures that workstations are clean at all times.
- Ensures that cashiers follow cash handling procedures at all times.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control procedures and holds cashiers accountable to adhering to policies and procedures.
- Assists with inventory and facilities management
- Perform any of the tasks above as needed throughout the shift.
- Addresses guest issues that may arise; consults with management regarding complex issues.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position which include but is not limited to standing for up to 9 hours and lifting 40 lbs.
- Communicates employee performance and policy/procedure violations to management for appropriate handling.
- Strictly adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Obtain California Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire.
- With over 80 employees at this location and multiple tiers of leadership, there’s plenty of room to grow!
- Path for growth includes Team Leader, Assistant Director & Director, and Executive levels.
Competencies and Outcomes include:
- Must be proactive and coach others to meet our productivity expectations.
- Display a positive, “can do” attitude and a hunger to grow as a leader.
- Live our mission “to give our Team Members and Guests a Better Day” every day.
- Hard-working and team-oriented
- Friendly, have integrity and deliver great customer service
- Must have a Servant's Heart and find ways to give our Guests a Better Day
Availability and Other Requirements:
- Experience as a leader in the customer service and/or production environment
- Great leadership skills in customer service
- Willingness to step outside of job role to assist in other roles
- Must work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Must be available to either open (6am) or close (11p) the restaurant daily
- Must be available to work Friday and Saturday (AM or PM) - we will always try to accommodate time off requests
- Honors and encourages others to follow the Mission, Vision, and Values of our restaurant
- Prior experience as a shift lead, team leader, crew lead, shift manager, and restaurant manager are very helpful to the success at this job.
Benefits of joining the Chick-fil-A at Topanga & Roscoe family:
- Closed on Sunday! All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends!
- Employee Meals! You'll receive discounted and/or free meals if we select you to join our work family!
- Flexible Hours...You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
- College Scholarships...At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.
- Competitive Pay...Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
- It's a Friendly Place to Work...At Chick-fil-A, we consider our team to be more than just employees. Our extremely low turnover rate is proof that people love working here.