The Kennel Technician is a position within the Resort . We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail. This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. You’ll work in our Daycare and Boarding areas to care and ensure the safety of the guests in our facility. Not only will you focus on handling dogs all day, but on the cleanliness of the facility.
* 401 (k)
* 401 (k) matching
* Employee assistance program
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Health, dental, vision, life insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
* Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
* Ensure that all guests are receiving appropriate amounts of food and water, clean and sanitize food/water bowls on a daily basis.
* Engage in play activities with pets including: fetch, exercise walks, chase, agility, follow the leader, recall and basic obedience games, etc.
* Supervise activities of multiple dogs throughout the day
* Monitor closely for any potential conflicts or escalations and redirect or remove one or more dogs from the situation as needed
* Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following our standards of cleaning and disinfecting rooms
* Monitor guest’s health by daily charting of eating and elimination habits. Dispose of and clean up any stool and urine.
* Monitor guest’s reaction to playtimes and general demeanor by charting playtime interactions
* Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
* Pay specific attention to special handling notes, (Meds Person to Feed, Leash Reactive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
* Ensure the facility meets or exceeds our expectations with regards to cleanliness and safety. Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas.Mix and use disinfectants and other chemicals safely as instructed by the supervisor.
* Consult with other departments
A Day In The Life:
As a Kennel Technician, you are part of a larger team who is focused on the daily pet care of our guests. You’ll report to work over a variety of shifts to handle everything from walking dogs, giving them a potty break, feeding and administering medicines, cleaning their rooms, playing with dogs and even loving them as if they were your own. One day you could help our overnight guests feel like this is their palace away from home and the next day you might run the daycare play group and make sure everyone is getting along. You might snuggle a shy pup who needs some extra special attention while also helping a regular get right back into the swing of things. You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent.. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!