Requirement: Previous Chick-fil-A Director experience
Thank you for your interest in joining the No. 1 rated Customer Service business in fast food industry!
At Chick-fil-A Kissimmee, we are always keeping an eye out for applicants who are friendly, enthusiastic, and who genuinely enjoy serving guests. Team members who work at Chick-fil-A Kissimmee are given skills and life experiences that go beyond serving a great product in a friendly environment. The experiences we can provide you are an excellent stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business.
The Director of (Hospitality, Drive-Thru, Front of House) is responsible for:
- Always delivering crave-able food, in a timely manner, that meets or exceeds
- Chick-fil-A Quality Requirements
- Coaching the behaviors of all Team Leaders and Team Members who work in the Kitchen.
Those behaviors include:
- Sense of Urgency that creates surprisingly fast Speed of Service
- Attention to detail that ensures preparation and production procedures are followed
- Execution of systems that ensure a refreshingly clean environment
- Maintaining a work environment that ensures and promotes food safety
- Vigilant attention to the organization and appearance of the restaurant
- End-of-Month counts and input
- Maintaining accurate transfer logs
- Effective & efficient ordering
Maintaining a LEAN production environment
- Coaching, evaluating, and providing accountability for all Team Members
- Collaborate with other Directors to ensure unity and clarity
- Holding each other (Directors) accountable for their roles and responsibilities
A Director should:
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week in the restaurant
- Allocate at least two hours per week to planning
- Focus on systematically and effectively communicating all goals and success factors to Team Members
- Combine critical thinking and practical leadership to create a culture of innovation
- Effectively coach and give direction
- Intentionally and methodically grow and nurture relationships with the staff
- Align hiring, training, daily practices and evaluation practices with the Vision of the organization
- Enthusiastically and passionately lead the team
- Minimum 18+ years old
- Previous Chick-fil-A Director experience
- Growth mindset
- Self motivated
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business.
Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
- Scholarship Opportunities
- FREE Break Meal*
- Health Insurance Contribution
- Free Vision Insurance
- Free Dental Insurance
- Uniform Provided
- Point University partnership
- Flexible Hours
- Closed Sundays - All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
- Work Directly With A Chick-fil-A Operator - The Operator is an independent business person, responsible for the operation of the restaurant, who invests time in his or her employees, teaching them important business skills for the future.
- Competitive Pay - Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
It's a Great Place to Work - At Chick-fil-A, our Operators consider their team members to be more than just employees, they are a highly valued part of each Chick-fil-A restaurant.