- Mix cocktails for guests seated at the bar and fill orders from the service well.
- Answer telephone, take reservations, take out orders.
- Take guests food/beverage orders.
- Read order chits.
- Serve food and beverages, checking for completion and proper order.
- Clear/Clean/Reset tables.
- Enter orders into computer system.
- Service tables when there is no assigned cocktail server.
- Keep bar clean and stocked.
- Keep all garnishes cut.
- Keep floors clean.
- Re-stock all juices and bar mixes.
- Perform opening/closing duties, ie: gather from walk-in cooler, dry storage, dish room, roll silverware, slice garnishes. Etc.
- Lift overhead for stored items, change out kegs of beer.
Adjust, bend, clean, carry, clear, close, control, cut, fold, gather, guide, handle, hear, hold, lift, maintain, mix, open, place, position, pour, print, pull, push, reach, remove, separate, sort, speak, transport, turn, unload, write.
Advise, calculate, compare, coordinate, detect, estimate, evaluate, inspect, instruct, interpret, observe, organize, plan, read, select, sell, solicit, sort, verify.
METHODS, TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES:
- Physically approach guests at their table, if there is no cocktail server..
- Verbally communicate features to guests.
- Verbally ask for drink order, if guests are seated at a table, write it down.
- Verbally instruct guests to visit the salad bar, if applicable.
- Verbally take and physically write down guests food order.
- Physically enter food order into computer system.
- Deliver beverages to guest using a tray, if seated at a table in the lounge.
- Calculate length of time for food to be prepared.
- Hand deliver food items to guests.
- Physically mix drinks for servers at service well.
- Physically mix drinks for customers seated at bar.
- Be able to mix drinks with speed and accuracy.
- Write food orders accurately.
- Prompt food and beverage delivery.
- Assist other servers in maintaining overall service levels.
- Be able to recognize signs of intoxication and handle the situation in a professional manner.
- Be able to serve guests seated at bar, as well as make drinks for servers.
- Calculate food times.
All of the bartender’s duties require immediate attention. Greeting, seating, reciting features, mixing cocktails according to their recipe, and being attentive to guests seated at the bar, are all expected output. Failure to perform these functions may result in suspension or termination.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOL MATERIALS:
Varying work surfaces, faucets, pens, computers, blenders, measuring tools, glasses, espresso machine (where applicable) glass washer, various chemicals, soda gun.
- Possible wet floors.
- Temperatures, heated in winter, cooled in summer.
- Transitional areas from carpet to tile, raised areas ie: steps and in some areas – ramps.
- Medium noise level.
- Walk-in cooler temperatures 32 degrees, freezer 0 degrees
- Standing for 5-8 hours per shift.
- Possibility of cuts, bruises, scrapes, burns, slips/fall
- Good ventilation.
Workers are responsible for all assigned work in the area. Report to the General Manager, Assistant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Corporate Management, Owner.
- Competitive pay + TIPS
- Team Member discounts
- Flexible scheduling