- Clear/Clean/ Set tables
- Move tables and chairs
- Pour refill liquids when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of foyer, hostess area, waiting area, and applicable restrooms.
Bend, clean, clear, control, gather, guide, handle, hear, hold, insert, lift, maintain, mark, place, pour, print, pull, push, speak, walk, write
Observe, organize, plan, read, record, select, verify, speak
METHODS, TECHNIQUES, PROCEDURES:
- Move about the restaurant observing phases of dining, clearing/ cleaning tables, pouring liquids, taking out food.
- Carry soiled dishes/dish tubs to dish area.
- Use a carpet sweeper for floors.
- Gather menus, clean menus, insert new menus into covers.
- Carry and set up high chairs/ booster chairs.
- Interact closely with all members of the staff and public.
- Pickup debris from floors.
- Polish glass, wood- glass doors reaching up to 7 feet, ladder provided.
- Replace paper products in applicable restrooms.
Clear/clean tables within 40 seconds of guests departure.
Walk through Dining Room every 1-3 minutes.
All of the busser duties require immediate attention. Assisting the servers to assure proper service levels, and coordinating the seating of guests are all expected output. Failure to perform these functions may result in suspension or termination.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOL MATERIALS:
Varying work surfaces, faucets, chemicals (bleach, glass cleaner), trays, brooms, sweepers, towels.
- Possible wet floors.
- Temperatures, heated in winter, cooled in summer.
- Transitional areas from carpet to tile, raised areas ie: steps and in some areas – ramps.
- Medium noise level.
- Walk-in cooler temperatures 32 degrees, freezer 0 degrees
- Standing for 5-8 hours per shift.
- Possibility of cuts, bruises, scrapes, burns, slips/fall
- Good ventilation.
Workers are responsible for all assigned work in the area. Report to the General Manager, Assistant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Corporate Management, Owner.