JOB SUMMARY: To ensure that all physical surroundings concerning the operation of Tony Packo’s Cafe are maintained at the highest possible standards with respect to cleaning and sanitizing.
- Washing, sanitizing and drying of all restaurant dishes, silverware, pots and pans, commissary tubs, and kitchen utensils.
- Maintain proper soap, sanitizer, and spot removal chemical levels in the dishwasher unit. Assist kitchen personnel in maintaining a clean and sanitary environment with respect to all floors, walls, and equipment surfaces.
- Assist bussing personnel in maintaining a clean and sanitary environment with respect to all floors, tables, and wait station surfaces and equipment.
- Maintain the dish room, walk-in cooler and freezer, and storage areas in a clean and sanitary working environment with respect to all floors, walls, and equipment surfaces.
- Maintain clean and sanitary restrooms by wiping, spraying, sweeping, and mopping all sinks, counters, toilets, and floors. Remove garbage and fill all soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Perform any outdoor functions with respect to sweeping, shoveling, salting, and maintaining all ground areas and parking lots in a clean, safe, and presentable fashion.
- Report any irregularities to management with respect to guest behavior, employee relations, and equipment problems.
- Develop good working relationships with coworkers and demonstrate cooperation and teamwork to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: This position requires an energetic person who has organizational skills, can work independently, and is able to work quickly in a small area.
HUMAN RELATIONS: This position is in interaction with coworkers and managers and therefore must demonstrate a friendly, cooperative, and professional attitude at all times.
SUPERVISION: Able to work with limited supervision. The nature of the position is such that it is performed to a large extent on their own responsibility after assignment. Unusual problems are referred to the Manager on Duty.
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Manager on Duty
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: Some lifting of heavy bus tubs and garbage is required to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment. Also, the ability to work for extended hours on one’s feet is necessary.