- Prepare salads, appetizers, and various foods outlined on the food item prep sheet.
- Carry miscellaneous weights up to 75lbs.
- Extensive cleaning from ceiling to floor is mandatory.
- Read and write as well as verbally communicate.
Adjust, bend, break, carve, clean, clear, close, connect, control, cut, dial, fasten, finish, fold, gather, guide, handle, hear, hold, insert, lift, load, lock, maintain, make, mix, open, place, polish, position, pour, print, pull, push, remove, scrape, secure, separate, sort, speak, switch, tighten, transport, turn, unload, weigh, write
Advise, calculate, classify, compare, coordinate, detect, estimate, evaluate, influence, inspect, instruct, interpret, measure, observe, organize, plan, read, record, select, sort, supervise, verify
METHODS, TECHNIQUES, PROCEDURES:
- Cut meats and fish: Select, weigh and record proper meat/ fish for the day. Select and sharpen knives, cut meat/ fish properly, obtain proper percentages, wrap and date and return to cooler all in a certain time frame. Interact in limited space.
- Prepare salads, appetizers, various foods on food item prep list: Select various items and quantity to be prepared for that day, record items that need to be prepared and that are prepared. Slice, chop, cut, trim, etc. various items in a certain time frame. Interact in limited space.
ALL THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE INCLUDE:
- Extensive cleaning after every shift from floor to ceiling
- Ladder use
- Lifting weights up to 75 lbs.
- Preparation in a certain time frame (usually all tasks to be completed in a 7-9 hour shift).
- Preparation for all food items according to company policy and procedure
Daily tasks in each area have their own certain time limit. Expected outcome is above satisfactory according to manager’s judgment. Unsatisfactory outcome results in written and/or oral warning. Continued unsatisfactory outcome may result in termination.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOLS, MATERIALS:
- Work surface: Any where from 3ft x 3ft, to 4ft x 10ft stainless steel/ wooden counter tops that are stationary. Tile floors.
- Controls: knobs, levers toggles, that reach from head to toe.
- Equipment: Hazardous electrical equipment involving heat and sharp blades. Miscellaneous knives. Equipment with moving parts, IE: mixers, blenders, slicers, food processors, etc.
- Materials: Various foods. Some chemicals for cleaning.
- Aids: Various pots and pans, carts, utensils scales, back support belts available
- 70 to 110 degrees indoor/ outdoor, humid and wet
- Medium to high noise level
- Possibility of cuts, bruises, burns, infections, shock, explosions and slips and falls
- Exposed to odors, gases, fumes
- Bright light level
- Ventilation moderate to low
- Radiation (microwave)
- Cramped spaces
Workers are responsible for all assigned work done in all areas. Reports to the General Manager. Assistant manager, Kitchen manager, Corporate Management and Owners.