The Associate Manufacturing Engineer will work alongside the CTO and Senior Manufacturing Engineer as the Farther Farms’ engineering team member assisting with the successful scaling, design, and build out of novel food processing technologies and commercial-scale facilities. The individual is responsible for leading various projects as a part of the design development and build out of scaled manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for equipment, processing, and handling of the company’s commercial-scale food processing plants. The position shall serve a critical need working closely with internal research engineering group, external design engineering firms and equipment vendors, and company leadership to bring to fruition novel facilities, food processing lines, and food products with global applications.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Farther Farms’ technologies are scaled from pilot to commercial systems, successfully hitting a range of metrics including processing parameters and unit costs;
- You flow seamlessly between the research lab, operations facility, engineering team, and business team, collaborating effectively with a holistic understanding of commercialization from bench-top to manufacturing production;
- Through your insight, technical expertise, and comprehensive understanding of Farther Farms’ mission, products, and processes, you are seen as an indispensable member of the company on its path to developing never-before-possible products and innovative technological solutions.
- A BA in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required, graduate degree preferred;
- A background in food manufacturing, food equipment design, and food facility design is preferred;
- 1-3 years of equipment and facility design or related experience;
- 3D CAD Skills, SolidWorks preferred;
- Hands-on experience scaling equipment and working in food pilot facilities preferred;
- A multidisciplinary knowledge of industrial, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering principles;
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications preferred;
- A creative, entrepreneurial, collaborative work style;
- Knowledge with intellectual property and patent management.
- Assist with equipment design and development of varying food processing systems at various stages from concept to bench-top to pilot-scale to commercial implementation;
- Assist with utility and unit economic analyses to aid in the development, design, and commercialization of process equipment;
- Lead continuous improvement projects, research objectives, and growth of the pilot facility to aid in commercial-scale learnings;
- Assist with developing and managing processes, equipment design related intellectual property at the research, pilot and/or commercial scale;
- Assist the development of project plans inclusive of milestones, timelines and budgets.
- Author or contribute to technical proposals, grants proposals, summaries, presentations, and project reports;
- Assist with pilot production trial runs, making improvements and modifications as needed.
- Actively participate in the design and layout of the company’s commercial facilities across equipment, process, and procedure in accordance with the objectives of Farther Farms;
- Actively participate and lead equipment design projects;
- Actively participate in process development projects to meet the required through put capacities and unit economics;
- Actively participate in facility design and layout related projects;
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, regulatory requirements, and OSHA certifications;
- Find, develop, and foster relationships with vendors capable of executing equipment manufacturing, automation, and controls work for commercial facilities;
COMPENSATION AND POSITION DETAILS
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience. Farther Farms is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.