The sanitation and production support specialist works alongside the Operations and Sanitation teams and is responsible for helping to lead the successful operations of Farther Farms’ French fry processing and research and development facility.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Farther Farms’ facility is organized, safe, and efficient and abides by all HAACP, OSHA, and GMPs;
- The facility is kept clean and the equipment is maintained in good condition;
- All databases and logs are up-to-date and accurate.
- Experience in production, quality, sanitation, or manufacturing required;
- Experience in food sanitation or manufacturing preferred;
- Knowledge of HACCP, OSHA, and GMPs preferred.
Sanitation and Production
- Promote and adhere to company safety work rules, regulations, OSHA, HAACP, and GMPs;
- Perform sanitation duties in assigned areas;
- Operate and ensure line components are functioning correctly; monitor production processes and make adjustments to achieve targeted results such as efficiency, yields, quality, and safety;
- Perform cleaning and upkeep duties necessary for the proper functioning of machines and processes including the disassembling and assembling of simple mechanisms and machinery operation as needed;
- Perform and document quality and HAACP sampling and testing as required;
- Maintain all schedules, organization, records, and inventory for production as required;
- Attend and participate in all annual, departmental, and job specific required training and informational meetings;
- Communicate any problems or changes in sanitation, production, and quality to appropriate personnel;
- Participate in continuous improvement processes.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manipulate equipment using manual dexterity;
- Ability to stand, walk, squat, and sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to push and lift items with varying amounts of weight;
- Ability to perform repetitive motions movements with upper extremities.
COMPENSATION AND POSITION DETAILS
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience. Farther Farms is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.