JOB SUMMARY: To prep and prepare food in a clean, sanitary, and safe commissary.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and code regulations
- Must wear approved hat or hair net
- Prepare and cook food as directed by manager
- Clean and organize kitchen area, as well as, walk-in and freezer
- Able to learn, follow and adhere to kitchen procedures and sanitation guidelines
- Assist in receiving and unloading of products
- Keep General Manager/Manager on Duty informed of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems
- Assist with the training of new kitchen staff
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: This position requires the ability to stand in one place for long period of time. Must be able to prep foods in large quantities and/or familiar with commissary work.
HUMAN RELATIONS: This position is in continuous interaction coworkers; therefore, must demonstrate a friendly, cooperative, and professional attitude at all times.
SUPERVISION: Able to work with limited supervision. The nature of the position is such that it is performed to a large extent on their own responsibility after assignment. Unusual problems are referred to the Manager on Duty.
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Manager on Duty
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The ability to to work for extended hours on one’s feet is necessary. Some bending and lifting of heavy product and trash is required to maintain a clean work environment and to stock coolers/freezer.